Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2001, 11:34 AM   #1
Benihaha
Dungeon Master

Does anyone know the specifics of how long it takes for your stats to increase when you pay for training? For example; when you go to the temple, pay for the training on spirituality and then venture on, does it take X full days, one certain type of adventure? The reason I ask is that I was doing the 'Kill Rumphy' trick to get some experience for my party and it seemed like after a couple of trips back to town to sell the spoils, that certain characters were ready to train again.
Is this correct or am I imagining it???
Benihaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 11:56 AM   #2
Conan

As soon as you level up Benihaha.
Conan (sorry about smiley, it looked like just a smile when I inserted it.)

[This message has been edited by Conan (edited 05-24-2001).]
Old 05-24-2001, 01:59 PM   #3
Nightfire0
Welcomed New User

Training Should imediately raise the skill/stat, but you must level-up again before you can train again at the same guild (you can train at others though if you're a member).

-Nightfire
Nightfire0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 03:02 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, NightFire0!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 03:29 PM   #5
Benihaha
Dungeon Master

Tnanks. I guess I never looked at the stat before I trained in it. I assumed that it took awhile for the stat to actually get raised. I wanted to make the most efficient use of the time so I kept running into the guilds everytime I had a chance to see if I could train again and I couldn't find a pattern.

So does that mean that if I train for something at each guild, when I get my level I'll be able to go into each guild and pick something new to train in???
Old 05-24-2001, 03:41 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Beni - sure does!! One of the really good reasons to join as many guilds as possible - you can get lots of training!!

Only wish the game would not automatically go through ALL level ups at once - I tend to save my for when I get back to town and would sometimes have 3 levels to increase at once - but the game won't let you stop between each and go buy additional training. Ah well

Wyv
Old 05-24-2001, 04:52 PM   #7
Benihaha
Dungeon Master

Thanks for clarifying. I can hardly wait to get home and give it a try. That's going to help alot with the progression of my party. All my characters just got to where they can enter all the other guilds. I just took the stats that were rolled on the first try since I thought I'd start a new party over again. Problem is, I had so much fun that I didn't want to get rid of the characters and they're finally getting some good stats. This'll get them up to snuff in no time.
Old 05-24-2001, 06:54 PM   #8
Belle Bayard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey! Found an unexpected glitch in my game. My Ratling (now a Samarai, also a Rogue/Bard/Assasin) took on the Leprechaun quest, got credit. Went out cruising, went back and suddenly started getting repeated credit (the Ratling, that is) every time I clicked on his face (to the tune of 5000 XP each time). Helped get my little critter (glad to have him for opening doors and trapped chests) up in level quite easily. Don't know if others have had the experience. Just thought I'd mention it.

[This message has been edited by Belle Bayard (edited 05-24-2001).]
Belle Bayard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 07:03 PM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Beni - oooo do keep us updated!!!

( I really love going into town and figuring out all the different guild trainings I can do - helps so much!)

Belle - hehehe

That is always such a FUN "undocumented feature" to discover! LOL!

Wyv
Old 05-25-2001, 05:15 AM   #10
Radek
Red Dragon

@Belle: You have experienced the "Leprechaun Bug" - one little bug from the sky high heap of bugs in W&W.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote