Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2002, 12:10 AM   #1
timberwolf
Dungeon Master

Well I just entered chapter 2 and realise that there are too many great arrows for Bow while crossbows & sling does not have that many great choice. Maybe I still haven't encounter them yet while I have stacks of yammy arrows.

I see that most of you guys either finished the game or quite deep into the game already, would like to have an opinion on your favoured weapon.
Like :
Barbarion : XXXX long sword (Some stats would be nice)
Old 10-02-2002, 12:26 AM   #2
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Spoiler and a little advice
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Carry a bastard sword , a mase or flail(blunt weapons only thing to kill golems with),a CrossBow (good Bolts show up soon), A LongBow (Great arrows everywhere)
and at least a Battle Axe or Greataxe when you find one and you will, and your main tank Knight should carry a Great sword Two Handed 1d12+3 when you find it.
Old 10-02-2002, 09:55 AM   #3
Magness
Quintesson

One thing that I've learned by playing completely thru once and reading this board and the BIS IWD2 board is the 2 handed weapons have a 1.5 multiplier to your strength modifier. That is, if you have a fighter with an 18 STR and thus a +4 STR modifier, when that fighter wields a 2 handed melee weapon, that STR mod is increased to +6. This appears to be true for all 2 handed melee weapons.

In my 1st party and my current (2nd) party, I carry a full mix of weaponry. My 2 tanks carry both slashing and crushing weapons because you never know what you're gonna need. All of my characters carry ranged weapons. I use all missile (arrows, bolts, bullets) types. This lets you use everything you pickup in your travels.

My current party has carries the following weapons.

1/2-orc barb/fighter: greatsword, mace, returning throwing hammer
aasimar paladin: spear, mace, xbow
dwarven cleric: 2 handed axe, hammer & shield, sling & shield
human sorceror: xbow, staff
elven wizard: bow, longsword
halfling rogue: bow, dualwield shortsword & dagger

My paladin had been carrying a greatsword for a long time until my party won the +4 Ice Spear during the Battle Squares.

My Barbarian carried a bow until finally finding the +2 returning throwing hammer.

Other than that my characters have played the same weapons types since the start. Of course, they've been upgrading as they went along.

Using a wide mix of weaponry makes life a lot easier in IWD2.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 11:48 AM   #4
Kygon-Jo
Dungeon Master

I am Just into chapter 3 and have many magic crossbow bolts. I am not a crossbow fan but my mage does have one in case of no spells.

However. My Halfling rogue/Fighter has a magic sling and many different types of Magic bullets. +1, +2 sure strike, Acid, and others. if you are in chapter two have a sling handy for one of your nono-fighter types you will get some good bullets. My little halfling adds some good damage to assist my tanks.
Kygon-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote