Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2001, 09:06 PM   #1
Zion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i don't know how to start my own multi-player game it always say
connot connect? Can someone help me? Thanks
Zion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 12:31 PM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

To create a custom party, click on MP game, and in set the connection mode to serial. then select create game and youŽll get a screen to add characters to your party, then select the whole party and start the game.

if your question is how to set up a MP to play online, then the method is exactly as above, though usually its made via TCP/IP. one of you has to create the game, the others will click on multiplayer, then select join game and type the IP of the host.

if you need further help, just ask

------------------
"Sigh" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 08:22 PM   #3
Darksinger
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay...thanks for the initial description. Now where do I go from here? I've openned a multi-player game, created and imported a bunch of characters, and was successfully able to start a game. I quit pretty quickly afterwards, saving the game. I was able to find the game and make a few adjustments to the characters with Gatekeeper. Now, though, when I go to restart the game, it doesn't seem to be there or something. I get the usual sign-on screen, go to multiplayer, hit connect, then if I hit join game nothing happens. If I hit create game, and then load game there, nothing happens. what's going on? What am I doing wrong?
Darksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 09:06 PM   #4
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

You need to move that multiplayer save to your singleplayer save folder. Here's how you do it:

Go to wherever BG is saved on your computer. (Probably C://Program Files/Baldur's Gate). Find the folder that says "mpsave." You need to cut and paste the save game you made from that folder to the one marked "save" in your BG folder. Now, when you start up BG, you can select Single Player and choose the save game from there. Hope this helps!
Old 05-03-2003, 08:17 PM   #5
Taran
Manshoon

ive posted a forum about this before, and i cant start a game with someone else even over a lan system, crap gotta go severe weather warning