Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2001, 07:53 PM   #21
turbovee
Elminster

I like playing an old run of the mill multiclass elven fighter/mage/thief with an exp cap remover of course. I just love having the abilities of everything.
Old 02-01-2001, 10:49 PM   #22
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

When I first played BGI, I used a paladin (aka lawful good).....since I always "thought" lawful good suits me. When I got BGII, I imported this character, after one and a half run-through of the game I decide to do something different. So my next "project" was a lawful good Kensai, didn't like the fact that my little warrior cannot wear armor....so I switch to a "neutral good" berserker, but I begin to see the limitation of a pure fighter class and the limited opportunity, I decided to dual him to a mage. By the time the dust settles, I decided to create another berserker/mage, but this time I will play with the cheat "CreateItem" along with the "MoveToArea" codes.....he was a good man, a "chaotic good" character. After all these "goodie goodie" incarnations, I have decided it is time to play a non-good aligned party. But the thought of me associating myself with druids and bards (no offence ppl) have caused me to jump directly to yet another berserker/mage, this time neutral evil......he was somewhat an all-out hack/cheat and I have notice my "life" within the BGII realm is never the same again.....I never know it can be so fun to be chased by cowled wizards and city guards, not to mention having the negative reaction from the surrounding ppl. Good thing this is ONLY a game........
Old 02-01-2001, 10:59 PM   #23
Talieson

Fighter, because they get to play with all the cool weapons and Armor.

I also play with a Skald, because he gets the weapons and some armor and also uses magic.
I thought about a dual class like fighter/mage/thief and I go back and start one just to see how it plays.

Old 02-01-2001, 11:08 PM   #24
Chaos Harlequinn

When i used to play p'n'p D&D i had a Lawful Good Paladin by the name of Rikard Daemonslayer, so thats what i started with in BG1. I found it to be a little to easy in BG2 though...probably because of the tomes, so i started a Skald. I really like playing him for the roleplaying aspect although i always pictured a skald as more of a Wulfgar-esque character (a barbarian from Salvatore's Do'urden books for those of you who are confused right now) What i mean by that is that I always pictured a skald as a fighter who waded into the thickest part of the melee singing songs about battles while all the while lopping off arms and other appendages. I suppose that fighting while also giving the bonuses may be a bit too powerful, but it would be kinda neat. BTW, for those of you who dont know me (basically everyone ) I just want to say hello. Im pretty new to this board but i hope to talk with all of you soon enough. Cheers. -Chaos

Old 02-03-2001, 11:38 AM   #25
fighter-thief

well for me i play a fighter or a multi-class fighter/thief/mage why i do this is i hate to depend on someone else,i mainly go as a fighter because i like the idea of having my own keep,and the multi-class is for multi-player mode

Old 02-03-2001, 02:45 PM   #26
Lucre
Elminster

I am usualy an Elvern person because i have a great love of music,and thief because they were my most favourite class in BG1 i felt they were the most usful class.So when i installed SoA and chose thief i found the assassin to my liking very much heh heh heh...

I also won't listen to anyone trying to persaude me to be a Fighter/Thief i recently tried it and its so s**t, it has crap Hide In Shadows abilities which is my favourite ability 'cos of BACKSTAB

P.S How do you put smily's in the middle of text is it by preesing 8 and ) like this
Old 02-03-2001, 04:15 PM   #27
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

I am a fullclass Necromancer
Why do you ask?
well
I like mages becaose hve more influence on the game when your a mage
If your a fighter it just click opponent and hope you win
If your a mage its
hm what spell to chose if i chose the wrong one I'll get killed

that drawn me to mage hood
and necromancer well
Necromatic spells are the coolest spells availible
I'm not a undead summenor as many see a mage
I'm a Death magic user and Abi Dalzims horrit wilting is Rikard's standerd spell
and for the roll playing aspect i became a necromancer
Its hard to overcome the lack of illution spells in the beginning but hell i have 5 mages

Well bye
Old 02-03-2001, 04:25 PM   #28
Lucre
Elminster

Rikard i know what you mean with mages, i am either Necromancer or Assassin.
Old 02-03-2001, 08:29 PM   #29
Armisael

Fighter-mage, with emphasis on the fighter. This class never gets boring. Go for it, Cloudbringer.

Old 02-03-2001, 08:44 PM   #30
Aragorn II

Ever since my first reading of the Lord of the Rings I have always played a Ranger, even during P'n'P D&D. Although your basic Ranger derived from D&D isn't exactly like Tolkien's idea of a Ranger, I still have always been sentimental towards the class because of the aforementioned series. If anyone here has read the series I'd be interested to hear how you think the two Rangers compare. -Aragorn