Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2001, 04:42 AM   #1
Xan
Dungeon Master

....or rather, the KEY to the game is GOLD! I know that this is painfully obvious, but it can also be painfully true! I know I didn't care too much about gold so long as I had just enough to keep my Companions from runnning around naked (except my Monk of course!)and to change Roles occasionally. OUCH!! I was wrong! I finally did the somewhat legit money making cheat of buying and selling +1 arrows (capitalism at it's best!) until I now have an obscene amount of Gold! I have been buying training left and right and starting and canceling Role Ascensions so everyone is a member of every guild with the subsequnt quests and training availabilities! What a difference in a short time! WOW!

Well, enough of the obvious, I'll let you all get back to the serious business of cultivating the Chosen One(s)!

------------------
In an infinite universe, not only is anything possible, but highly probable!
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 06:31 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

Try enchanting items. For example, add 12 "to damage" enchantements to your weapon. You will run around naked again .
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 07:29 AM   #3
Fantaghiro
Dungeon Master

I pretty sure "Damage" is a Bless (Artifact of Fiend). In fact, I think Enchanting items is a bit of a waste; Blessing is much more satisfactory.

Xan, you'll be grateful for this obscene amount of Gold when you start blessing stuff!

To make megabucks without resorting to the "creative merchandizing" trick, if you have a Ranger with the Fletchery trait in your party, when you get the Dragon Arrow (a Dojo quest), before you hand it over to Torin, put it in the Ranger's top ranged ammo slot, equip a bow (though why you don't give him a knife or razor blade or something, I don't know), and watch him make copies of it as you wander through the wilderness. Better still, bless the Dragon Arrow with as much "to hit" and/or "damage" as you can, and make copies of that! (maybe keep one plain Dragon Arrow - don't know how Torin would react to a well-blessed one!) All is not lost if you have completed the Dragon Arrow quest, just go back and pick Torin's pocket! I sold 96 well-blessed arrows my Rangers made while I was making dinner for several million GP. So I let them work on it a while longer! Curiously, they could even whittle up arrows while swimming west of Brimloch Roon! I especially switched two characters to Ranger for about 7 levels to do this (and take their levelling bonuses), since my merchandising finger was getting tired and it seemed somehow more "ethical".

[This message has been edited by Fantaghiro (edited 06-06-2001).]
Fantaghiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 08:29 AM   #4
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The Dragon Arrows is the way to go. I have three pcs making arrows. The reason the other three aren't is because they have two handed weapons. And blessing does cost a TON! But worth it. I never thought of trying to sell blessed arrows....hmmmmm

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 01:19 PM   #5
Traute
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight:
The Dragon Arrows is the way to go. I have three pcs making arrows. The reason the other three aren't is because they have two handed weapons. And blessing does cost a TON! But worth it. I never thought of trying to sell blessed arrows....hmmmmm

BK
Bless your Dragon Arrows a few times and give them to your PCs to make more, and your jaw will drop if you see what the shopkeepers will pay for them. It's not unusual for my chars to earn 800k just selling arrows after a lengthy dungeon crawl.

Traute

Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 01:28 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Okay, here's the scoop:

Bless a single Dragon arrow with Damage (artifact of fiend) blessing for 10 times (I think that's the max, because it's already Enchant +2). You'll need 10 in blessings to do this, plus 1,023,000 gold. Set your Ranger to fletching these blessed arrows.

Selling a bundle of 49 (I divvy 1 out and give it back to the ranger) will net you in excess of 25,000,000 GP!!!

Your gold worries are over forever.

How to legitimately do this without "cheating"...other than the "buy and sell back arrows", bless the arrow once, fletch it up, and when you sell, buy more blessings for it with the proceeds, fletch it up again, and sell it for more, etc., etc.

It works!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 02:47 PM   #7
Xan
Dungeon Master

fletchery sounds great, but when can I get it? I am a lvl 9 ranger and haven't seen the skill yet, do I need to do more quests? Thanks
Old 06-06-2001, 03:01 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Xan, you have to be Level 5 Warrior's Guild, and it costs 2500 GP to get. The earliest you can get it, assuming you've done all the Valeia quests, is after delivering the Stout Mine invitation (2nd Warrior's Guild quest in Ishad N'ha).

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 03:12 PM   #9
Xan
Dungeon Master

Thanks Sazerac, I just finished the Serpent Temple so I 'm off to explore through the west gate! See ya there!
Old 06-06-2001, 07:56 PM   #10
Ladybug
Dungeon Master

Xan, if you are headed out the west gate of Ishad N'Ha watch out for those Mantraps! You're in for a rude awakening so be careful.

Ladybug
Ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote