Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 05:19 PM   #1
LewyRay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is there a way to add and/or drop characters from a party once you start? I thought I saw something about this somewhere. I was thinking of starting 2-character party (Monk+Ninja) but wanted to start out with an alchemist for the initial training period...someone to provide just a bit of healing ability, along with pumping out some potions during the numerous resting periods.
LewyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 07:19 PM   #2
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

You can only kill off your "excess" player characters. Then you'll be splitting the XP's with only the remaining chars, but your party will spawn monsters based on a lower party average level. And you'll continue to have a skull for a portrait there.
To kill them off the easy way, recycle them into a L1 Mage and put them in the front, naked, and let the mobs off'm.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:02 PM   #3
LewyRay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Scatter.

I played this out for about an hour last night...the Alchemist died on their own after 2-3 fights....a roach snuck around to the back and got him.

Do you think it is worth playing a Duo this way, Hauling around a dead body everywhere? From what you said, I probably would get easier fights..don't know if that is good or bad.

For now I think I will finish my first game, then come back to this one.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:15 PM   #4
Tyros the Demon Slayer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sounds like Weekend at Bernie's, Wizardry 8 style. (If that 80s movie is too dated, I apologize).

The benefits of having an alchemist to make money for you in mixing potions may be the single greatest asset of a class in the game. Other vets can tell you that there are plenty of vendors that you can't rely on pickpocketing or beating up in order to get much needed items. The alchemist being able to sell potions to generate cash will be a big plus.

Hope this helps.
Tyros the Demon Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 05:17 PM   #5
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Lewy Ray's Ninja will be able to mix potions.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:31 PM   #6
LewyRay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the responses...and weekend at bernies is not too dated for me [img]smile.gif[/img]

When I get back to this game I probably will re-start it with just the Monk and Ninja rather than tot the dead body everyone.

Do I have the right idea anyway...training in the lower monastary by just defending again low level creatures until my stealth is such that I'm hard to hit?
Old 01-26-2005, 09:47 PM   #7
Wolfie
Zhentarim Guard

You cannot add or delete characters from your party once started (RPCs are handled differently), but you can "replace" a character with a brand new Level 1 character.

A word of caution, the "replacement" will be a Level 1, 0 XP character, so if your other characters are already higher level (relative to a Lvl 1 character), don't be surprised if the monsters all out target the "newbie". Providing you can shield the new guy or girl for a few battles, they should level up quickly as a party with many Lvl 10+ characters can win battles and earn XP at a much higher rate than a bunch of Lvl 1s.

This is how it's done:

1) Select the character you want to replace
2) Go to their "Character" page
3) Click on their Name (bold text under their portrait)
4) Click the "Replace Character" located in the bottom-left corner of the screen
5) Create the new character
6) When the "Warning: existing character will be lost forever" box appears, you can choose to accept (tick) or decline (cross)

And that's all there is to it!

[img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-26-2005, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Wolfie ]
Visit [url]\"http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie</a> or [url]\"http://wiz8.web1000.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://wiz8.web1000.com</a> (US) for a spreadsheet that allows you to enter in your spellcaster\'s stats, and it will tell you what spells the character can learn, or for spells that they are not yet able to learn, it will tell you how many points they need, or why your character can\'t learn the spell.
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 09:58 PM   #8
Sinteuil
The Magister

I did this the very first game I ever played, because my lord wasn't doing very well and I wanted to replace him with an alchemist. I was already at the swamp when I did it, so the new alchemist needed alot of guardian angels at first, and a few timely resurrections too! But she was nearly caught up in levels after just one day of playing and I was really happy with her by the time I got to the Rift!
Sinteuil is offline   Reply With Quote