Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2002, 10:06 PM   #21
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'll agree that your experience sounds like your typical fast food work environment. I guess I was just lucky. The store I worked at was the first one our owners had bought. It was a husband and wife team and they had moved over 200 miles to a little tiny town...so they were pretty intent on making it work.

Yeah, there were some things I disagreed with. I never came close to making $7.00/hr (of course, this was back in 1981-1985 - minimum wage was waaaay lower then).

Anyway, I had a lot of good times in the first few years. Made a lot of friends that I'm still friends with today. But things really went downhill with the second owner....and I didn't stick around long after that.
Old 01-24-2002, 10:42 PM   #22
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

quote:
Originally posted by fable:
Remember, the people hired in these august organizations are unlikely to be the sort who can put two and two together, and thus be engaged to handle large sums of money at a bank. As a result, their opportunities for employment are rather limited. In the good old days, many were employed as minesweepers, and when there weren't any mines to sweep, they were laid down just for that purpose.

We don't do fast food any longer--stopped about six months ago, when I gave up Wendy's because my doctor raised one eyebrow to my cholesterol. But I remember with no fondness many problems concerning confused orders, ingredients added or left out. This, despite the fact that they make a point of trying to place high-powered managerial types in many of their locations. But let's face it: you can poke a sow in the rear to help her move faster, but that doesn't mean she's going to knit a silk purse anytime soon.

Well this is certainly a little insulting and elitist. I certainly hope there are no fast food employees reading this thread.

Actually, they're probably won't be, they'll be too busy working their arses off to pay for the education that Daddy couldn't pay for.

That is if they even have the opportunity.

I'm not suprised if the service in American fast food places is not good. Why should they hold their heads high and do a service job with pride, when they know people hold negative attitudes about them?

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Yorick ]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-24-2002, 10:47 PM   #23
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Hmmmm. I just read your post to me in Black Dragons thread Fable, and now I feel a bit sheepish.....

http://www.hughwilson.com