Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
Endarire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Question Mark Recasting Rules?

I've tried to train my bishop by spamming Guardian Angel on herself outside of combat. I've tried using Stamina on weakened party members after battle. I've tried casting Light at level 1 then level 2, etc. None of these repetitive actions seems to raise my skills.

What is the most efficient means of training my magic skills, especially with spells castable outside of combat?
Endarire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:28 AM   #2
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Default Re: Recasting Rules?

Light is the only one of those that will work. Cast it at max level at the times. Of course, once it's cast it won't work again.

Heal Wounds is what I use to raise Divine & Divinity levels. What I do is run my party of the waterfall. You wan to be at level 4-5ish. I cast it at the lowest level, on one part member, then hold down the shift key and hit the "c" key repeatedly to cast again until all spell points are gone.

You can also stand in the various fires around dominus to hurt yourself, then do the same thing.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:20 PM   #3
Endarire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Question Mark More Specifically

1: Can I spam a spell at the same level to get progress toward skill points?

2: What about at increasing levels, such as casting level 1 Light then level 2?

3: Which spells can I cast in or out of combat give no progress toward skillups if I cast out of combat?

4: Which spells should I use to train Air, Earth, Fire, Mental, and Water realms?

5: Which spells should I use to train Psionics and Wizardry?
Endarire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:20 AM   #4
Target
Red Dragon

Default Re: Recasting Rules?

It is best to select the first few Bishop spells in such a way that they will only benefit one magic school. For example: Acid Splash or Itching skin for Alchemy development, Bless or Make Wounds for Divinity, Mind Stab for Psionics, and Frost or Energy Blast for Wizardry. Each time any of these spells are cast they will benefit the magic school they are from so you can develop the Bishop's magic early and often.
(The above was again from Flamestrikes site)
When in combat put the rest of the party on defend and let your caster use the above spells until all emenies are dead or your out of spell points. These will also increase the realms and the main 'schools'. Also if you find a good spot heal the monsters and you can carry on longer!
Out of combat, and if you have them the bluffing spells work well, magic screen etc.
And mix potions!

Also the bank vault keep casting power 1 knocks at it. that will boost Alchemy, Wizardry and Earth (what ever has the highest starting points.
For Divinity, Psionics and Mental: Charm a merchant who'll buy your Mana Stones so you can recharge them and keep going. Charm works better than mindread. from Scatter.
Hope that helps.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote