Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2003, 12:18 PM   #21
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
I am addressing Satanism as I know of it here. By definition, one who worships Satan, ie: The Angel cast out of Heaven.

For one to believe in Satan in this respect, one must believe in God too. And to worship Satan is to turn against God.

All I have to say about this is that I believe it's very real. With consequences. The ones I believe in are in The Bible

As a Christian, I believe in a God given gift of free will. They are free to worship whomever they want. I am free to suggest an alternative.
They are normal people who do have the same rights and lack of rights as everyone else IMHO.
I'm with you Leonis. It's an abberration.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:53 PM   #22
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
I'm very open-minded to opinions similar to my own
Can't argue with you there!
Quote:
Seriously, I just think anyone who believes in Satan and therefore believes in God and still chooses to worship the evil one is either very misguided or very evil. I don't think I've met any truly evil people, I shudder to think what they would be like, but I would hope they get locked up at the very least, pretty soon.
I agree. My own experience of "Satanism" is as Mel said, kids wearing black and calling themselves scion of the devil

Quote:
Maybe I am a little narrow minded but I've had enough debates to know that NO ONE ever convinces anyone of anything, and so it is almost as though they completely disregard each other's opinions anyway, no matter how polite they are about it. I just cut all the crap and straight keep my mind shut to alien opinions instead of wasting time arguing about it, gettting pissed off and ending up keeping my own opinion anyway - saves a lot of hassle and typing.

I'm fed up of people's thickheadedness, on here and everywhere else and have decided not to give a damn any more and just give my opinion straight out without sugarcoating it at all, whether people like it or not [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Maybe, but a *little* decency is in order. Even if it is only a cover for a sarcastic stab at people who don't agree with you [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 06-10-2003, 02:33 PM   #23
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

At least you can take constructive criticism Vaskez. That's more than I can say for some people.......
Old 06-10-2003, 03:37 PM   #24
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Oh trust me DJG, with an attitude and temprament like mine, you've gotta get used to taking critcism

Kaltia - here we go again, implying I'm sarcastic...I haven't even got my prize yet from the "most sarcastic person" thread - innocent until proven guilty remember?
Old 06-10-2003, 05:41 PM   #25
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Pathetic... In a word My friend had a satanist bible and it said: "Life is like a good party, and no-one wants to leave a good party too soon"

I just laughed and took the piss. Sounds very bibleish dosent it
Old 06-11-2003, 05:32 AM   #26
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Very bible like!

The Christian one is "Love God as you love your neighbour" and the Satanist one is like a badly put together novel! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2003, 10:28 AM   #27
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by DJG:
Very bible like!

The Christian one is "Love God as you love your neighbour" [SNIP]
But what if you have one of those 'Neighbors from HELL!! that you see on the news all the time?

I must say, im one of the heathens... or are they called something else? Athiest(sp)?? hedonist? i dunno, im of the opinion that god does not exist, and everything can be explained by a rationally thinking human being (other than human behaviour that is [img]smile.gif[/img] )

I also believe that you can worship whatever you like... as long as i dont have to listen to your preaching.

There, i've said my bit, on with the debate!
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:36 AM   #28
jabidas
Silver Dragon

You might worship Satan because you hate God.

You have free will, thats fine but if you don't play by God's rules you end up burning forever in hell. Is that really free will? You can do whatever you want just keep it in mind that I will torture you for all eternity if you do not do what I want.

Maybe like Satan you want to say that I will live my life on my own terms and by my own standards. You want to perhaps say that God is irrelevant to morality and it is up to every individual human being to decide what is right or wrong. I will not serve is the beggining of satanism. If you think you are serving Satan does that defeat the purpose of rejecting God.

Or perhaps like myself you believe there is no god. Both God and Satan may just be illusions but this is not a question of their existence. It is why you would serve either of them.

Essentially being Good must be about doing so from your own perspective or you are really just acting out of fear or desire for reward. The decision to do the right thing should be irrelevant to our own personal desires it should be what is the best thing I can do for all. I know I can't live up to all that myself but it is worth a shot.

As for the black make up crowd, one day the acne will go away.

The people who like butchering goats, well I suppose Jerry Springer needs to guests from somewhere.

The question of what is good should not depend upon with a flair for melodrama. Satanism seems to be a question of why go this way rather than the other way.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:58 PM   #29
Shaggy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am sorry to drag up an old thread but I came across this one today and being a Satanist myself (for the last 4 years) would like to give my opinion on the subject, firstly we do not worship Satan in the biblical sense how many of you seem to think, infact if we worship anything its ourselves. A satanist see's himself as his own God, the reason its called Satanism is because it represents man's carnal nature and desires where as Christianity teaches that these things are wrong, so its oppositional to Christianity thus Satan thats where the name comes from. Oh and sorry to dissapoint but we don't hold mass orgies or slaughter babies to make candles of their fat! Anyway hope this clears a few things up for people. I would also say if people are going to pass judgement on something they could at least be arsed to gain some knowledge of the subject it before giving an opinion on it. See we're not all 'stupid evil SOBs'!
Old 09-20-2003, 11:18 PM   #30
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quick question.

Why the hell (pardon the pun) is it called satanism if you don't really believe in Satan? Thats like saying I am a Christian but dont really believe in Christ?

Sorry Shaggy, but I am not satisfied with your answer.

You (Not you individually) were branded as Satanist, huh. Well if you go around calling your self a Satanist, call me crazy, but by golly that imply's that you worship Satan.

Change the name for pete's sake. [img]smile.gif[/img]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge