Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2003, 06:45 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

This is in Lakeland, Florida (where I am). It's in between Tampa and Orlando.

Read the News Article here:
http://news.tbo.com/news/MGACTC1I8FD.html

I live less than 2 Miles from this school--and WENT to that school when I was younger. Scary...

They SAY that they don't think others were infected, but that is BS. Just think, 1 student infected gives it to students. Students pass it to other friends. A pyramid effect. then those students go home, infect Mom and Dad, then THEY go to work, and bam. that's it.

I Hope they are right, and that it's ok, but they didn't bother closing the school at all..

More news if I get any updates.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 05-02-2003, 06:49 PM   #2
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Me and my dad don't take something that viral lightly. If it comes around this area, we're packing up and headed to the country side. It sounds just like my school though, the administraiters want to get their money's worth so they won't shut it down. Heh, even if it flooded at my school, all they'd do is give us a raft and so go to class. Be careful Ziroc, SARS is a scary thing that.
Old 05-02-2003, 06:54 PM   #3
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

oh no z be careful, when did SARS hit the united states???
Old 05-02-2003, 06:55 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

maybe they don't want to create panic over people, that's why they probabaly didn't close the school. though they should be very careful, SARS is a very contagiuos thing.
Old 05-02-2003, 06:56 PM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

Well I think you will probably notice some action around the school. I know there is a hefty police coverage around the SARS clinic up here in Toronto. But even though we have several cases up here we haven´t experienced any boom yet. And I believe your climate will probably make it more difficult for the virus to spread. [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for the pyramid effect it isn´t as bad as you think. The first patient will always be very sick, the 2nd will also have a severe infection. But for every transfer the virus attenuates leaving it less infectious while your body will still have a very strong response to the infection.

Edit: Stormy, SARS have been in the US for quite some time. Same for us up here.

[ 05-02-2003, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 05-02-2003, 06:56 PM   #6
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
A couple of months ago if I'm not mistaken. People infected traveled from the east over to Canada and eventually it hit the US, though no deaths have been reported over here as of yet thank God.
Old 05-02-2003, 07:00 PM   #7
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

On the up side of it you can start to wear one of those cool surgical masks
Old 05-02-2003, 07:00 PM   #8
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
quote:
A couple of months ago if I'm not mistaken. People infected traveled from the east over to Canada and eventually it hit the US, though no deaths have been reported over here as of yet thank God. [/QUOTE]great, now i am worried agian, i never knew it hit here
my husband has been telling me it was not here and would not be a problem for us
Old 05-02-2003, 07:02 PM   #9
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I doubt it will hit Arkansas Stormy, I live in Indiana and there still aren't any reports of it here. Don't worry about it though, not good for you.
Old 05-02-2003, 07:05 PM   #10
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
great, now i am worried agian, i never knew it hit here
my husband has been telling me it was not here and would not be a problem for us
Don´t worry too much Stormy. As far as I know there is no longer any real danger of a pandemic. It seems the worst has passed this time. Over here your hospital will always have access to the latest research about and treatments for this virus since there is an open exchange of information between all researchers in North America, Europe and most Asian countries (especially Japan). I assure you that lots of resources have been set aside for finding a treatment or cure for this virus. [img]smile.gif[/img]