Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2001, 10:52 AM   #21
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Hi there Memmie - caught up with the Aussies in a very wet Leeds test (the one they lost with the generous target by trying too hard for the clean sweep). The English media went into temporary raptures about the scoreline (then 3-1) better reflecting the true difference between the teams LOL. There was not much of that guff being bandied about after the last test though. Mouse congrulated us by the way, for giving Donut's mob a right good pounding in the cricket .

One thing though, I notice you gave my London pal a hard time about Arsenal's performance a week or two ago - the Gunners rule dude, I agree with our circular pastry mate on that one

We sure opened a can of whoopass in that 4th test. No whitewash for you!

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
Old 09-21-2001, 11:10 AM   #22
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Gee, replies from my two UK pals while I was off reading that Bunny thread. Hi again Mouse - the pity was that I came down with a flu after Cruden Bay (probably that Fosters you foisted on me ). There were a couple of holes on the back nine that were sure a surprise (about # 14 and 15) - I visited the beach on the 14th, but still escaped with a bogey .

And yeah yeah Donut, no whitewash for the Aussies, but let's face it, Nasser's boys were whooped good and proper - there was nay too many positives fer ya to be takin outta that there series was there. Sill, time to bury the hatchet now, and get on with supporting the Gunners .

Congratulations to the pair of you - the only people to ever get me to drink any #!@%$$ FOSTERS (sorry, that was contagious)

------------------
Old 09-21-2001, 11:14 AM   #23
Donut
Jack Burton

Rearrange these words into a well known phrase or saying:

test 4th of can whoopass opened we a the in.

------------------

Old 09-21-2001, 11:25 AM   #24
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I have to admit that the circular pastried one makes a reasonable point. Let's face it, the Aussies were humbled - a 4-1 series victory was a much closer result than any of the clever and better informed pundits would have expected back at the start of the series

Consider me suitably chastised........ MWUHAHAHAHAHHAHaaaaaaaaaaa

------------------
Old 09-21-2001, 11:30 AM   #25
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
I have to admit that the circular pastried one makes a reasonable point. Let's face it, the Aussies were humbled - a 4-1 series victory was a much closer result than any of the clever and better informed pundits would have expected back at the start of the series

Consider me suitably chastised........ MWUHAHAHAHAHHAHaaaaaaaaaaa

Whoop, whoopy, whoop, whoop, woopy, whoopass And we've still got the ashes.

------------------

Old 09-21-2001, 11:50 AM   #26
Davros
Takhisis Follower

LOL, my cinammon coated friend - coherent and crisp argument, well spported by facts and backed up by statistical evidence. I thought that London was in England on planet Earth, but you seem to be taking in a whole new atmosphere over there (unless you have been getting at the cider again??). I'm glad that all it takes is one generous sporting declaration, motivated by a desire for a series whitewash to make you so very very happy. You are indeed correct, you "whooped" us in the 4th test.

And yes, I see you guys are still so cheesed off at never actually winning the Ashes that you won't let is take it back to Australia. What's up, are your cricket chiefs worried they may never actually see the urn again if they do that .

Oh well, you suckered me into responding this time, but now it's off to sleepy bo bo's for me. I do remember that we first started talking several months ago, it was because you were telling everyone how fat and washed up our Mr Warne was. I seem to have seen some absolute classic dismissals from him - Atherton around his legs, and another almost perfect replication of the "Gatting Ball" later in the series. What could he have done back in his hey-day. Have you perhaps changed your stance at all on the "Sheik of Tweak"

------------------
Old 09-21-2001, 12:41 PM   #27
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
LOL, my cinammon coated friend - coherent and crisp argument, well spported by facts and backed up by statistical evidence. I thought that London was in England on planet Earth, but you seem to be taking in a whole new atmosphere over there (unless you have been getting at the cider again??). I'm glad that all it takes is one generous sporting declaration, motivated by a desire for a series whitewash to make you so very very happy. You are indeed correct, you "whooped" us in the 4th test.

And yes, I see you guys are still so cheesed off at never actually winning the Ashes that you won't let is take it back to Australia. What's up, are your cricket chiefs worried they may never actually see the urn again if they do that .

Oh well, you suckered me into responding this time, but now it's off to sleepy bo bo's for me. I do remember that we first started talking several months ago, it was because you were telling everyone how fat and washed up our Mr Warne was. I seem to have seen some absolute classic dismissals from him - Atherton around his legs, and another almost perfect replication of the "Gatting Ball" later in the series. What could he have done back in his hey-day. Have you perhaps changed your stance at all on the "Sheik of Tweak"

Whupped ya good. Anyway I can't keep on having this much fun. I've got an appointment with eight pints of cider and a chicken stingthering at the curry house. Happy days. Pleasant dreams.

Mmmmm, think I'll pop down to Lords this weekend to have a peek at our ashes.
There will be no whitewash at the.............!

------------------