Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2001, 08:08 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Sorry, but I wanted to post a new thread so that everyone that posted in my original thread would see the conclusion of this little ordeal. I was afraid that half of you that previously posted would not think to look back there.
OK...I came home from work yesterday, and found a police car in my driveway. What had happened was that my wife called the police to learn more about her rights, and find out what was the best, legal way to approach the neighbors' mom about her kids. Instead, they sent out an officer. Karen did not want the officer to do anything, but he insisted, saying that it was his responsibility to file a formal complaint...and that since other people in the neighborhood had filed complaints as well, he was looking foward to this.
He asked me to go with him over there. He knocked on the door so hard, I peeked at his fist to see if it was bleeding. The boy that had stole my gas can answered the door. The officer asked me to identify him, and I said yes, he is the one. The officer told the kid about going to juvenile court, and blah-blah-blah-, you know...that police stuff,,,and then asked the kid to go fetch his mom. She, being very surprised, and worried that I was pressing charges, was quick to apologize for her son's behavior, and promised that it would stop. She also offered to pay for the missing gas. The officer left, and the lady asked me why I did not confront her before the police, and I assured her that was my intention, but that he came uninvited. I apologized for the officer's bluntness, and told her I knew everything would be ok, now. We left on seemingly good terms.

------------------

Larry,
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Devoted member of the Ironworks
Only member of the Elite Bodyguard to Rikard (the fool that takes the bullet)
Ertai's back-up
Memnoch's chief look-out
Member of the Ancients club
Old 06-01-2001, 08:11 PM   #2
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Glad to hear it worked out.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 06-01-2001, 08:27 PM   #3
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

are they gonna give back the gas?

------------------
Old 06-01-2001, 08:37 PM   #4
Moni

Good to hear it worked out Larry! Hoping things stay on good terms with all of you.

Hugs,
Moni

------------------

Old 06-01-2001, 08:40 PM   #5
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Glad things worked out. Hope you don't have any more trouble.

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 06-01-2001, 08:45 PM   #6
Gwayne
Zhentarim Guard

keep your fingers crossed Larry! hope this works out good for ya
it sounds like it should.

------------------

Walk lightly my friend.
Old 06-01-2001, 09:35 PM   #7
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

You're too quick for me Larry - read my mind again: forget what I said earlier in my email

I'll probably say what everyone else has said, in that it was fortunate that you managed to sort this out without much trouble. I also hope that thing go well with your family, best wishes.

On a negative term Larry, I'm only saying this because I know, and I care. It is the fact that the boy might consider this experience as a answer to retaliation and you might find yourself the victim of further - perhaps more in depth, responses to what happened.

If he is good and tolerant, then this experience will have been negotiated successfully with his mother and he will probably avoid you - but at least that's been taken care of.

I am also a teenager Larry, it's easy for me to forgive someone because that's who I am, and the kind of person Wah is. But I know friends that keep vengeance close to their hearts and make Oceans Out Of Raindrops". So it's wise to be aware of this matter.

Perhaps taking to the boy directly himself, saying that you were not doing this because you hated or dispised his behaviour (even though it WAS!). You can speak to him nicely and perhaps he'll listen (perhaps he won't) - but at least it's nice to get a response as to why he did it, firming your conclusions.

But if things are not drifting too badly, and neighbours can still be good neighbours......then I say it has been a lesson deserved and a "partly" happy ending

Wah

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 06-01-2001, 09:40 PM   #8
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
We left on

seemingly

good terms.

I'm good at picking out the details aren't I?

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 06-01-2001, 10:26 PM   #9
Gaelic
Elminster

Hopefully the child becomes more of an adult from this, rather than becoming more of a child and retaliating. I bet his mom is mortified. My brothers are inconsiderate a$$holes who caused the police to arrive at my parents door several times and it always got to them more than my brothers. My folks did the right things, but as I said, my brothers are inconsiderate and ungrateful. Hopefully the kid does not react as they would.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-01-2001, 10:30 PM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Good news, Larry! Hope they learned a lesson and don't retaliate!

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever