Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2004, 12:43 AM   #1
Mirror Image
Manshoon

I just saved some adventurers from being resting spots for pidgeons. I then sent them on an errand to get a Beholder eyestalk. Felt bad about it since they were quite inferior but when they got back they had the item and one more thing; an unexpected piece of clothing. Initially, I though it was some programers way of saying my character was a coward for not doing the mission himself. On review of the database I discovered that there is no way a good aligned character could get the other two fashion accesories, let alone keep them from SOA. They migth as well have had the first item in baldurs Gate One.

To finish this though I have one question: what good is this item the gnome makes anyway out of these three items. Does it blast open the monistery gate, annihilate the last guardians in watchers keep, or just plain absolutely necessary for my character to win the game. If so I quess I need to start completely over. Otherwise, said item is going into the bag of holder where it will never see the light of day again.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 12:47 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Any character can keep them, provided you played BG1, imported that character into SoA, accept the ransom in SoA and continue on your merry way to ToB to collect the third and final piece.

The only issue is a moral one.

As to what you get, you get buns of steel. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] It's a very good item, and well worth the hassle of getting. It is however, not necessary to have to complete the game. Consider it an Easter Egg.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 01:09 AM   #3
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirror Image:
...To finish this though I have one question: what good is this item the gnome makes anyway out of these three items. Does it blast open the monistery gate, annihilate the last guardians in watchers keep
That's the most accurate guess I've heard in a while.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 04:37 AM   #4
mad=dog

AFAIR the good gnome will inform you that you lack items if you approach him with only the one fashionware item you get in TOB. A regular gamer would then have to think long and hard to remember where the first two were located and the extremely determined would run through the game once again just to see what the lil' gnome can do.
The item is a NUTS piece of armor. It is most certainly not necessary. In fact it will prolly ruin your game to have it.

PS: Bondori reloads .
Old 05-10-2004, 02:07 AM   #5
Mirror Image
Manshoon

Thanks for the info so far. I would hate to try and go al the way back to BG1. I am not even sure BG1 will work on my new computer and operating system.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:58 PM   #6
Wumpspawner
Manshoon

Sad but true, I made a character to run through the trilogy with the express purpose of getting all three and seeing what the big deal about it is. Haven't gotten the third, yet, but it's in the works.