Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 02:37 AM   #1
ryaldin
Elminster

***Spoilers***

/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
I'm under the bugbear caves and I've killed the Ogre mage and Gannon. I want to get into those locked huts, but....did i miss something? i looted the bodies, and such. Am I supposed to get a key somewhere or do I just need to be patient and wait for the story to advance?
Old 11-04-2005, 10:39 AM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

The locked huts are just for show; forget them and move on. Very annoying and I don't know why they bothered to make those doors hot spots.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 01:53 PM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Yes. Many doors are like that. I remember during my first game getting frustrated at not being able to open all those doors in Hall of Justice in chapter 1.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:45 AM   #4
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

speaking of doors that you cant open, those monsters in the academy (prelude) can you get at them?? i tried opening the door, but i was told that id need a key. never found it.
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 09:30 AM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Been a long time since I went through the prelude, and don't recall any locked doors offhand. It doesn't really matter, since this part is set to raise you to level 3 by the time you exit to chapter one. So there isn't much point bothering over a few minor critters. Once I realized that, I just made my way out as quickly as possible.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 10:08 AM   #6
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Nightowl, in the prelude those are not real doors, rather cage-bars type of doors. And yes indeed they cant be opened in any way. And yes, other than them there are no locked doors there.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:18 AM   #7
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

double post ZFR [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I remember getting annoyed cos I couldn't kill the animals.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 05:13 PM   #8
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightowl2:
Been a long time since I went through the prelude, and don't recall any locked doors offhand. It doesn't really matter, since this part is set to raise you to level 3 by the time you exit to chapter one. So there isn't much point bothering over a few minor critters. Once I realized that, I just made my way out as quickly as possible.

Nightowl2
Yes, the prelude is designed to get you to level 3 before chapter 1and to equip you with average equipment. I should point out that there is very nearly enough XP in there to get you to level 4. If you can sneak past everything, then come back after you've talked to fenthick, you can then kill everything. My first time through with a rogue was like that... from memory he didnt quite make level 4, but it was very close.
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote