Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2003, 05:04 PM   #21
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
*snip*
Anyway, this is still getting away from the topic at hand, which is why should men have a say in it? Whether people think abortion is right or wrong has nothing to do with it.

Also, everyone Please Play NICE!! I dont want to get this thread locked up.
I think that you perhaps should change the title of this thread Hunter. "legality" implies a discussion about abortion being legal or not. Anyways I´ll stop going off topic now I promise. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Aren´t we playing nice? I thought we were? I haven´t thwacked anyone yet. LOLOL!
Old 02-09-2003, 05:22 PM   #22
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

the playing nice was just a catch all. No sense in takeing chances.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:42 PM   #23
Thoran
Galvatron

Again... not getting into the "is abortion right or wrong" I'm going to assume that abortion is legal and it's going to stay that way.

My problem with the current "status-quo" is that women have fought for the right to "choose" what to do with their bodies, they can at a whim choose to abort or keep the child growing inside them. BUT... those exact same women then turn around and assume it's 100% acceptable for the father to spend 20 YEARS submitting 10-20% of the work of his body to pay for the raising of this child... without ANY input into the decision making process. This is WRONG.

Woman doesn't want child, Man doesn't want child - child is aborted, everything A-OK.

Woman wants child, Man wants child - child is kept and raised by two parent who have chosen to buy into the process, everything A-OK.

Woman doesn't want child, Man wants child - child is aborted, man is left to wonder what kind of person his child would've grown up to be.

Woman wants child, Man doesn't want child - child is kept and raised and the man is FORCED by the gubberment to fork over 10-20% of his income, which is 4-8 hours per week of HIS body, or 6-12 MONTHS of his life over the 20 years that he'll get to pay for a choice the Woman made and he had ZERO input in.

Now I'd like someone to explain to me how this is fair and equitable.

IMO - ideally this choice should be a 50/50 proposition, but in the absence of women actually willing to share the choice, Men should be minimally given an equivelant choice to perform a "virtual abortion" and sign away all rights to and responsibilities for the child that the Woman has chosen to keep.

[ 02-09-2003, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Thoran ]
Old 02-09-2003, 09:09 PM   #24
Chewbacca
Zartan

Regardless of ones stand on the pro-life/choice stand on the issue it is going to boil down to a womans choice. Notice I say "a woman's" choice because each individual woman will make a choice to have an abortion. No man or other woman can stop it, ultimately.

If made Illegal, individual women shall still seek ways to terminated before birth and find methods that are outlawed or even dangerous, putting the their own developed and personal lives in danger.

A woman has the final say short of kidnapping and confinement in a straight jacket and chains.
Old 02-09-2003, 09:28 PM   #25
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

I say it is stupid to have it a women's choice.

"Men dont get Post partum depression,stretch marks, morning sickness or new "pregnancy" wardrobes"

No, the men are the ones who support the woman when she gets the maternity leave. Sure, they get sick and are in bad moods a lot, but the men bring in the money (hopefully, anyway) and have to suffer the woman's bad moods.

Regardless, as has been said many times, the kid isn't "part of the woman." The kid is a kid, not part of the woman, just lives off the woman. Sort of like a parasite.

I don't really have an opinion on abortion, but I do think these people who say that using the actual eggs for science are wrong. I can't remember the official name (ovary or sumthin?) but it is not alive. At that point it is part of the woman and if she wants to donate it for scientific research then she should definietly be allowed. It isn't killing anyone, but quite the opposite; it could save uncountable lives if a major breakthrough is discovered, like being able to regrow organs.
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.