Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2002, 07:36 AM   #21
Turnip_Water

erm - if you know she's not interested, why keep trying? it won't get anywhere and her next b/f might beat you up?

why not find someone else and move on?

Old 12-20-2002, 12:12 PM   #22
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Turnip Water:
erm - if you know she's not interested, why keep trying? it won't get anywhere and her next b/f might beat you up?

You're right, but love makes you do stupid things, and blind as well.
Old 12-20-2002, 12:25 PM   #23
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Turnip Water:

You're right, but love makes you do stupid things, and blind as well. [/QUOTE]Sounds more like lust then love to me.
Old 12-20-2002, 12:30 PM   #24
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Love make you happy and wery happy nothing on this planet is better than have a person who loves you and you love that person too!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2002, 06:22 PM   #25
Epona
Zartan

OK, here's my opinion (I'm female and in my 30s if that makes any difference)

FOR GOD'S SAKE LEAVE HER ALONE!

Girls hate to be pursued persistently by guys they just don't fancy. What started out as her talking to you just to be friendly (cos she's obviously very tolerant) seemed to encourage you, so when she signed your yearbook she gave you the lowdown - that she was not interested.

Mate, you have to accept that. You can't make someone like you. By keep talking to her after she told you no, you have really really pissed her off bigtime. She sounds like quite a polite girl since she started out chatting to you, but you have gone too far. The holding up the hand bit is something she's doing because she feels like she's being harassed by you.

Just leave it. You know the score. The next step will be sending her brother/boyfriend round to do you over, or even worse reporting you to the authorities for stalking.

When a girl says no, she means NO. Accept it and move on. Oh and splat that bloody cricket before you accept any more of his damn fool advice
Old 12-20-2002, 06:45 PM   #26
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Oh and splat that bloody cricket before you accept any more of his damn fool advice
Nah dnt, post him to me.

He sounds cool!
Old 12-20-2002, 08:19 PM   #27
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
OK, here's my opinion (I'm female and in my 30s if that makes any difference)

FOR GOD'S SAKE LEAVE HER ALONE!

Girls hate to be pursued persistently by guys they just don't fancy. What started out as her talking to you just to be friendly (cos she's obviously very tolerant) seemed to encourage you, so when she signed your yearbook she gave you the lowdown - that she was not interested.

Mate, you have to accept that. You can't make someone like you. By keep talking to her after she told you no, you have really really pissed her off bigtime. She sounds like quite a polite girl since she started out chatting to you, but you have gone too far. The holding up the hand bit is something she's doing because she feels like she's being harassed by you.

Just leave it. You know the score. The next step will be sending her brother/boyfriend round to do you over, or even worse reporting you to the authorities for stalking.

When a girl says no, she means NO. Accept it and move on. Oh and splat that bloody cricket before you accept any more of his damn fool advice
She's an ex-cheerleader? The brother/boyfriend is the least of your worries, it's the football team you need to concerned about. I remember waaaay back in high school being approached by more than a few of the girls from the "in crowd" to take out a nerd (not that I'm saying you are).
Listen to what everyone has said in this thread. Drop it before it starts to get painful.

[ 12-20-2002, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Animal ]
Old 12-20-2002, 08:28 PM   #28
Animal
Gold Dragon

Re-reading my reply I find that it looks really, really bad. I'd like to clarify a few points.
1. I never actually beat up any nerds. Yes, nerd tossing was a team sport at our high school, but I never participated.
2. In my last line, it sounded like I was threating you, but I ws not. I have no desire to see you get hurt over a girl who doesn't recipricate the feelings you have, whether emotional or physical.
3. Generally the "princesses" are completely self absorbed anyway and are completely incapable of finishing a sentence without at least a few "Like," "totally" or "whatever"'s. This was not intended to insult any "princesses"
Old 12-20-2002, 08:45 PM   #29
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:

3. Generally the "princesses" are completely self absorbed anyway and are completely incapable of finishing a sentence without at least a few "Like," "totally" or "whatever"'s. This was not intended to insult any "princesses"
Ah well, the use of 'like' and the like isn't constrained to princesses. I use like all the time when I speak (informally ) and I'm not a princess. Well actually I am, but not in the way you're suggesting I think . Like's great. Very expressive [img]tongue.gif[/img]

When I first read this whole saga my first reaction was this chick's a real bitch! But now I feel really sorry for her; she seems to have tried to be polite and got nowhere, and now even being rude doesn't help lol! Actually when I was in school, about 14 I think, there was this guy who was interested in me and I was NOT interested in him. He told everyone and left notes for me got his friends to talk him up to me and it was awful because everyone made fun of ME because of him! Oh lol I remember another guy when I was 13 who offered me $75 once to go ice-skating with him
Old 12-20-2002, 08:52 PM   #30
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
quote:
Originally posted by Animal:

Ah well, the use of 'like' and the like isn't constrained to princesses. I use like all the time when I speak (informally ) and I'm not a princess. Well actually I am, but not in the way you're suggesting I think . Like's great. Very expressive [img]tongue.gif[/img]

When I first read this whole saga my first reaction was this chick's a real bitch! But now I feel really sorry for her; she seems to have tried to be polite and got nowhere, and now even being rude doesn't help lol! Actually when I was in school, about 14 I think, there was this guy who was interested in me and I was NOT interested in him. He told everyone and left notes for me got his friends to talk him up to me and it was awful because everyone made fun of ME because of him! Oh lol I remember another guy when I was 13 who offered me $75 once to go ice-skating with him
[/QUOTE]You think correctly.
I was offered $20 to beat up a nerd once. That was decent cash back then.