Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2002, 10:15 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I called my mom up just now to ask her the name of a movie, because it is one we watched a long time ago. No, my poor mom is getting kinda absent-minded...if you understand me. The Phone call went like this:

Larry: Mom! I need your help!
Mom: Okay.
Larry: I am trying to remember the name of a movie.
Mom: Alright.
Larry: I wanted to see if you would remember. Are you ready?
Mom: Okay, I am trying to remember...
Larry:...er...I haven't told you about it yet.

Well, anyway...this is the movie, and I hope you all can help me remember it's name.

There's his woman that has incredible bad luck. She is so accident-prone that she gets herself lost south of the Border. Now, her rich father has payed alot of detectives to find her with on success. Finally, they decid to hire a guy that is amazingly just as accident-prone as she is. They feel that if he can have enough accidents along the way, he'd eventually trip right over her! That is almost what happens. He wakes up in a hospital one day and finds her sleeping in the cot next to his. She had been living in Mexico, not remembering who she was, for amnesia. At the end of the movie, they kinda wander out of the hospital and onto a raft in the river that accidently sets float and begins drifting downstream toward a waterfall.
Old 12-16-2002, 10:22 PM   #2
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, Larry, that sounds like my mother-in-law. Is it Going South?? BTW, Galadria just sent you a [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] . She said that you would know why.
Old 12-16-2002, 10:33 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmm...I tried typing in that name in my movie search engines, but it must be too old to verify. I will go to Blockbuster to tomorrow and look for that one. Thanks, whether it is or is not. I hope it is!

Old 12-17-2002, 01:05 AM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I remember that movie, but I can't remember the title...
Old 12-17-2002, 01:26 AM   #5
StigTC

Me thinks it's called "pure luck".
With Martin Short right?
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
Old 12-17-2002, 05:02 AM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Oh.. I definatly remember that movie! Very funny. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2002, 07:30 AM   #7
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by StigTC:
Me thinks it's called "pure luck".
With Martin Short right?
And Danny Glover. A remake of "La Chevre", (The Goat).
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 12-17-2002, 07:44 AM   #8
Grungi
Banned User

thats a suprisingly funny film , and yeah its called Pure Luck and was made 1991 [img]smile.gif[/img] i esp like the bar seens midway through v.funny, though the ending was a bit abrupt i thought.
Old 12-17-2002, 10:56 AM   #9
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Is that the one where he(Martin) gets stung by a bee and swells up to epidemic proportions?
Old 12-17-2002, 11:22 AM   #10
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
Is that the one where he(Martin) gets stung by a bee and swells up to epidemic proportions?
Ah yes now I rember that movie that was a very funny scene. His head is so big after that bee sting.

Also sorry to hear about your mom Larry my grandmother is getting that way now. She sent me and the wife a Christmas card this year and see called me her son. She is 76 now and the mind is slowly going.

[ 12-17-2002, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Mack_Attack ]