Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2001, 04:39 AM   #1
Xan
Dungeon Master

First, I apologize for the the subject title, but I just had to do it! But the question is, is the Bard worth it? I have a 7lv wiz/9 lv warlock that is striking out (sorry again!) on the path to Assasin. Now, I did the bard quest and found that when I level up there are only 3 new skill spots left before I fill up the page, and since you can't raise skills you can't see do I have enough room to become the complete assasin? Should I just stay at warlock, or how about maybe monk? Monk should leave more spots open, I think, because you don't have the music or a lot of the weapons skills to fill up the page (?right?) and monk shares a couple skills with assasin.
I would appreciate your thoughts and ideas! Thanks alot!

------------------
In an infinite universe, not only is anything possible, but highly probable!
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 05:04 AM   #2
Merack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think is worth dipping into just to get the music trait. The musical instruments seems to work more reliably than spells when your boogeried.
Merack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 05:09 AM   #3
Rene
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think EVERY Role is worth to use it for a while - at least to level seven. I went thru all the roles with all of my characters and I ended with HP between 170 and 210 and nearly all spells available for all characters.
Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 07:44 AM   #4
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

One of the other nice things about a bard is that you can get the Iron Lung and Trickery traits. The Trickery helps when picking hard locks and it is VERY nice to have a character with Iron Lung before you get to Collasium. I do not care for the musical instruments so I never go for the bard for the music talent. However, I do think that the Trickery and the Iron Lung traits are worth changing to a bard just to have them.

Good Luck,
Knarfling
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 09:19 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

lol, Xan!!!!

I like the topic

So are you going to be Bardish after all??

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 02:52 PM   #6
Xan
Dungeon Master

I just don't know. I'm still worried about having too many skills (kinda ironic huh?), but those traits sound awfully nice! Do I have to stay a bard for long to get the traits? My rogue was going straingt to ninja, but maybe I oughta sidetrack him to bard for awhile?

------------------
In an infinite universe, not only is anything possible, but highly probable!
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 03:48 PM   #7
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

You can get the trickery and Ironlong traits even if you're not a bard. You just have to have a high enough level in the Guild of Shadow. I never had one bard on my first playthrough (although I kind of regretted that. I'll remedy that this time) and I had at least 4 characters with the Ironlung trait. Not sure if I had others with it, can't see all of my traits .

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 04:34 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Ironlung you can also get by invoking the Ring of Neptune from Collasium...pissy thing is, though, you have to have BEEN through Collasium before you get it!

However, once you get it, you can pretty much ditch all the breathers and go where you will.

Trickery is available only to Rogues and Bards. Ironlung is available only to Bards and Barbarians.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote