Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2002, 10:46 PM   #1
Crimson
Dungeon Master

since this game came out after BG2 why is it that this game sucks more and the graphics are worst
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 11:18 PM   #2
Darkman

First of all, Icewind Dale was released BEFORE Baldur's Gate 2 (the expansion to IWD was released after BG2 though). IWD does not suck IMO. It is a different game than Baldur's Gate and you need to think of it as such. I wasn't a huge fan of the graphics in IWD at first, but they are not that bad and they get much better when you install Heart of Winter increasing the resolution to 800x600. The gameplay to IWD is not that much different from the BG games, except that you have more fighting to do and a few less FedEx quests to do. Plus the musical score to IWD is far superior to BG's. I think you should give IWD the chance that it deserves.
Old 02-04-2002, 06:27 PM   #3
Durwyn
Elminster

lol Crimson, I love it when people dont know a thing of what they are talking about [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 02-05-2002, 08:15 AM   #4
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

The graphics are better in some ways---the spell effects are much better, IMO!

And it depends on the sort of game you enjoy. BG has a lot of side quests (*love the "FedEx" tag! [img]smile.gif[/img] )but IWD is very lineal A to B to C. Two mildly related games but very different. I enjoyed IWD *much* more than BG--and can't wait til IWDII!

Durwyn, darlin', you are becoming the absolute Monarch of the One-Liners!