Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2002, 12:55 PM   #1
kanri
Dungeon Master

This bugs me every one talks about soloing but i dont know how to do it PLEASE help
Old 05-15-2002, 01:25 PM   #2
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

Soloing means you play your character only. YOu don't pick up NPCs like Viconia or Keldorn, you don't have any other character except the one you create...
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 01:55 PM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

You should really try it. It is much more challenging, and IMO, more funny.
I suggest you try a Monk or a Cavalier on your first time, those are the funniest and best to solo with, IMO.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 04:05 PM   #4
kanri
Dungeon Master

What about anomen?
Old 05-15-2002, 04:07 PM   #5
kanri
Dungeon Master

oops i mean the girl you have to go with in the beginning ooops i had a brain fart (i typed the wrong name)
Old 05-15-2002, 04:13 PM   #6
dragonslayer
Manshoon

you pick up noone, not even jaheira. try the monk...and kill the *** ****** in one hit
Old 05-15-2002, 04:16 PM   #7
kanri
Dungeon Master

thank you for all your help
Old 05-15-2002, 10:26 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Well, most soloers agree it's OK to have another person in your party, IF it's only for a short time and they don't do anything. For instance, you can get the EXP from freeing Minsc & Jaheira, then boot them (and Imoen). Later on, you'll meet them in Athkatla, and feel better knowing they didn't meet gruesome deaths in a dungeon run by a mad Mage.

Or another guy said he would bring each NPC along for that NPC's specific quest, but only after he'd taken away any weapons they were holding. That way, the PC still got 100% of the kills.
Old 05-16-2002, 10:02 AM   #9
Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs
Elminster

sorcerers are also fun to solo, but don't try it until you are VERY familiar with all of the spells. one bad pick will ruin your whole game. don't follow any Solo Sorcerer guides for spell picks, since you are the one who is going to use it. For instance, i picked Project Image, but only used it once. I found out that kills scored by the image don't get you XP! that was a bad choice, and it was too late to stop it.

As for "doubling," i find it ok to take Yoshi along for the Mae'var quests, and to make tons of money off Gorch. I take Valygar along for the Planar Sphere, Mazzy along for the Shade Lord, Cernd for Trademeet, and Imoen throughout Irenicus' dungeon. I use their skills, since it would be an insult to them not to. Still, my solo Dwarven Barbarian made 90% of the kills even when i had both Valygar and Mazzy in my party in the Temple of Amaunator. As long as you don't keep them around forever and don't exploit them, it's fine.
Old 05-16-2002, 10:04 AM   #10
Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by kanri:
oops i mean the girl you have to go with in the beginning ooops i had a brain fart (i typed the wrong name)
You don't have to make a second post. Just hit the "edit/delete" button at the top of your message and edit it. to delete it, like if you accidentally double-posted, just click the "delete this message" box.