Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2001, 10:55 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

5th pass through the game, guys. I'm taking a solo character. Going to do it the hard way and start him as a warrior. Wish me luck! I'll keep you posted.

I may start another group as well...but the solo one will keep me active for a while.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 10:56 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Wishing you much luck!!!!!!!!!

(and a wizard's dagger)

WYv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 10:58 PM   #3
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

what are you going to be next time?

------------------
Adam Mage/Warlock
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 11:00 PM   #4
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

Good Luck!!!

Knarfling
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 11:00 PM   #5
Moni

Wishing you much luck and many great photo ops!

Moni
Old 04-05-2001, 11:25 AM   #6
Conan

Saz, Im on my second trip..which started with a pixie priest..I quickly realized this was not a good decision for a solo adventure..well needless to say Ive hired a rouge and warrior to help me get threw this . Your pick for a solo adventure intrests me. Keep the forum updated on your progress. I will be watching for your great tips. My third trip has to be solo! Thanks for all your hard work with the Examiner! Man that Pixie can hit!!!!
Old 04-05-2001, 11:34 AM   #7
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Good luck Saz! I've yet to play the game even a second time....but I may start soon. Hmm, I don't know about going solo...I like having lots of characters. Maybe 4.

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 11:40 AM   #8
Fulant
Dungeon Master

Going solo is the only way to go. You will find the going up levels is very easy at the start, moderatly hard in the middle and easy again athe the end. You must start with a character with pick lock skill. Midway you will need light magic for its heal spells or you won't get through the booger adventure.
Don't be afraid to change roles many times. good luck.
Fulant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 12:45 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

So far, he's now a 6th level Paladin and doing great! I haven't even made it to the Crypt yet; just running around doing the lower-level quests so far. I'm not going to bother with "Crusade" trait, he's getting enough XP as it is. I plan to take him to Ranger next to get the Vine spells (and wait on chests until I get "Disarm Trap").

I'll keep you posted on this.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 03:46 PM   #10
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Good Go Saz,

I'm glad to see your guy is doing good. I'm also going on a solo quest (6th so far and still haven't finished the game). I started out as a Wizard and, unlike my previous games, I upgraded to a Barbarian before the Crypt. By the time I was out of the Crypt, I was a Warlock. I'm now a Bard halfway through the Serpent Temple.

I must say that going solo is by far the most thrilling experience in this game... now, if you want real challenge... start the game over with a new character each time you're solo guy dies. That makes it REALLY interesting - the furthest I got to was the entrance of Collasium.

You'll see, solo is lots of fun. What made you go for a Fighter at first?
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote