Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 06:35 AM   #31
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Sythe:
God apparently hates the Swedes.

http://www.godhatessweden.com/

What is next?
Hahaha, yes I've seen that site before. I even heard somewhere that he was coming over here for the Åke Green trial, but changed his mind. Afraid of getting sodomized, I guess.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:30 AM   #32
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Most of the character flaws of Fred Phelps have already been pointed out.

1) His "church" consists of his own extended family.
2) He seems obsessed with sexual sins.
3) The "blurb" from his church description "insists that the doctrine of grace be taught publicly to all men", but Phelps "preaches" God's damnation and never mentions His Grace.

There are many more that could be listed (such as the consuming hatred that blots out the common decency to allow family and friend bury their loved ones in peace), but it's all been said before.

As Cloudy mentioned, Phelps is not representative of the Christian Faith and the Teachings of Jesus Christ by even the wildest stretch of imagination.

I like Ilumina's idea of protesting Phelp's own church services, but this would probably just add fuel to his fire of hatred that is already burning out of control. Still, I think having LAMDA return the favor at Phelp's funeral would be a just and fitting tribute.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:57 PM   #33
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

A funeral would be too late... how about at a Phelps wedding ceremony, reception, graduation.... the list goes on.

'Course, that's steeping to his level, which he'd probably like too much. Probably slap you with a lawsuit or two, just because.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:51 AM   #34
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
A funeral would be too late... how about at a Phelps wedding ceremony, reception, graduation.... the list goes on.

'Course, that's steeping to his level, which he'd probably like too much. Probably slap you with a lawsuit or two, just because.
No jury in the world would side with him.

Well... Maybe in Nigeria.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 03:31 PM   #35
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Agreed. But part of his MO involves filing numerous nearly-frivolous lawsuits against anyone he thinks offends him, and utilizing the time in front of the judge (or jury) to belittle, berate, and degrade the person he filed the lawsuit against.

In fact, for a while he made quite a decent living by filing lawsuits and negotiating settlements.

So... it's not about getting someone to agree with him, but about getting someone to *disagree* that he can then sue.

And don't say such nasty things about our friends in Nigeria. They're nowhere near as bad as friend Phelps... [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Old 04-18-2006, 03:46 AM   #36
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Agreed. But part of his MO involves filing numerous nearly-frivolous lawsuits against anyone he thinks offends him, and utilizing the time in front of the judge (or jury) to belittle, berate, and degrade the person he filed the lawsuit against.

In fact, for a while he made quite a decent living by filing lawsuits and negotiating settlements.

So... it's not about getting someone to agree with him, but about getting someone to *disagree* that he can then sue.

And don't say such nasty things about our friends in Nigeria. They're nowhere near as bad as friend Phelps... [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
It's not the citizens I have a problem with... I know a few, and they're fabulous. But the government doesn't seem to like the gays very much.

Old 04-18-2006, 09:43 AM   #37
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Maybe I should have used the smiley... I double-checked Nigeria's recent history, and I know they're not exactly the friendliest place on earth. With parts floating the use of Sharia law to an extreme and others that see murder as a normal course of business, the Nigerian government has a way to go yet, even though it's already come quite far.

I was trying a variation on the old "he's as ugly as a pig... quit insulting pigs" joke. It apparently misfired... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Old 04-19-2006, 01:56 AM   #38
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Maybe I should have used the smiley... I double-checked Nigeria's recent history, and I know they're not exactly the friendliest place on earth. With parts floating the use of Sharia law to an extreme and others that see murder as a normal course of business, the Nigerian government has a way to go yet, even though it's already come quite far.
That, and they have an egregious amount of princes who wish to transfer "US MONIES" into my bank account.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:19 AM   #39
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

HEY! They said they were only talking to me, their newest trusted friend in the States...
-+-+-+
Old 04-19-2006, 11:35 PM   #40
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

In today's news, Michigan is looking at passing a law making protesting within 500 feet of a funeral punishable with up to two years in prison and a $5000 fine. 29 other states have looked at legislation, and 8 have passed laws.

Michigan's will go to the Senate for discussion. The vote at the House was 102-1... and the "1" said "Don't misinterpret my vote. It's not support for anything these disgusting people are doing". He voted against because he believes the 500 foot limit will be found unconstitutional.

The weasels (with no offense intended to real and cheese weasels) protested at a funeral on 28 March... blocked from site by 300 Patriot Guard Riders.

Speaking of which... if you have the time for a bit of reading, take a look at what the PGR does. Each funeral they support is a mission, and... well, here's a sample ride report from one of their missions. If you have any emotions in you, I suggest having a box of tissues nearby.

Me thinks they've got the right idea... treat 'em like trolls and don't feed them, and they'll go away...

Excuse me, won't you? I need to go kill something now... gaming awaits.
-+-+-+