Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2001, 03:41 AM   #1
Cayle
The Magister

I HATE THAT LITTLE BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was going after xxxxx in chapter 6 and of course he was along to “help out”. Cool huh? As a player, I have no particular intrest in him, as I never read any of the IWD trilogy, but I assume my PC would know who he is and enjoys working with a famous hero. I should have told Drizzt to stay home.

First Attempt: Everything is going well and then Minsc gets dominated. I knew I should have cast Chaotic Commands on him before the battle, but he was already in stealth mode and I did not want to wait. Ok, so I just keep clear of boo while clearing baddies, BUT NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Drizzt decides to ignore all of the other red circles and kill Minsc!!!!!!! Then the bastard wishes me luck and leaves.

Reload #1: This time, I remember Chaotic Commands, but Imoen gets dominated instead. Guess who Drizzt decides is the most dangerous enemy? Yep! You guessed it! Not xxxxx, but Imoen. I forgot the heal cheat, or I would have used it. Yes, it would be cheating, but only cheating to protect from moronic heroes. I do not even get a dialogue option to say, “YOU DIM WITTED F$@K! YOU MURDERED MY SISTER”!

Reload #2: Minsc has Chaotic Commands, Imoen is invisible, Jaheira gets dominated but Keldorn puts a stop to that. (I should have done this earlier, I always forget about that ability). Everthing goes well until the final “everyone pile on the boss” phase. That little drow bastard worms his way in and delivers the killing blow, denying me my vengeance (and XPs).

Reload #3: I CLUA:CONSOLEd a boo, removed Drizzt’s fancy gear and let boo kick his butt. Hehe.

Next time I will either tell hime to stay home or cntrl-q him to prevent friendly fire mayhem.

------------------
- Cayle
Old 05-10-2001, 03:46 AM   #2
Lord Shield

Stupid game AI again. What I did was to put Drizzt at the front and let him take the hits. Others zapped from the back or hit the xxxxxs in the flank

Old 05-10-2001, 05:20 AM   #3
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

hey no hassling drizzt!!!!!!
i admit I am a big fan of all salvatores books so that does make me a bit predjudiced against people who dont like drizzt and co. I have never had him turn on me in any of my many games and he kicks some vampire unlike the theives and paladins who help ya too.

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-10-2001, 08:45 AM   #4
Gd_00
Dungeon Master

just kill him
but dont cheat, give him a chance
Old 05-10-2001, 08:48 AM   #5
Gd_00
Dungeon Master

just kill him
but dont cheat, give him a chance
Old 05-10-2001, 08:52 AM   #6
Vampire

Ever heard of Dispel Magic?
If you have Keldorn, then he can do it sooooo quickly!
Or if you have the robe of Velcna.
Old 05-10-2001, 09:03 AM   #7
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
hey no hassling drizzt!!!!!!
i admit I am a big fan of all salvatores books so that does make me a bit predjudiced against people who dont like drizzt and co. I have never had him turn on me in any of my many games and he kicks some vampire unlike the theives and paladins who help ya too.

I'm a big fan, too. I didn't have any probs with him, but I did let him go infront then hit him with a fireball (oops )

Oh, and Cayle, watch what you're posting. If one were to read closely, they would notice a major spoiler. just FYI

BK
Old 05-10-2001, 09:36 AM   #8
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Drizzt rocked the earth in my game. he went on his own doing fine. I had Aerie heal him once and he was thankful and all..

Thoose blasted sneaky shadow thieves got one guy caught in the blast of a fireball I launched and the whole gang ran away.. You will pay for this yad yada yada..

Well good ridance I say. The AI is a bit tricky with these things. You do one little misstake and oups, everybody hates you...

Well I´m thankful of a false sunrise (or whatever it´s called) and a Vortal Blade hehehehe.... Run you little vampies... hehe

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-10-2001, 09:46 AM   #9
Cayle
The Magister

I thought I obfuscated it enough. Oh Well. Like I said, I tend to forget Keldorn’s dispel ability. I have a habit of forgetting that my fighters can also cast spells. I could have worked around it: let Drizzt go in first, more dispelling, etc. There are dozens of ways I could have re-fought the battle and not had a problem. In the end, I lived with the second reload because I was just sick of fighting the same battle over and over again.

Perhaps there should be six types of circles: red, green, blue, yellow, one to denote non-party member allies and another to indicate charmed allies/party members. Blue circles are currently affected by both buff and de-buff spells. An “ally” circle would not be affected by spells that do not affect party members (e.g. Remove magic). Also, the AI should treat dire-charmed/dominated party members or allies differently than real enemies.
Old 05-10-2001, 10:21 AM   #10
Lord Shield

I heard someone got a funny result:
Aerie was abducted and converted as the Romance sub-plot
Drizzt killed Aerie
Minsc went berserk and (dualling Crom Faeyr and another weapon) kciked Drizzt's unchivalrous ass to the moon and back, even while the player was desperately trying to heal Drizzt