Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2001, 12:59 PM   #11
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

*groan*

I still haven't finish updating my Solo/Party Sorcerer Spell List, I have the Spell Lists ready already, but the detailed analysis is still under construction... I think I better finish it by December.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 01:03 PM   #12
Manwe
Manshoon

That would be a good Christmas present for me then!
Manwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 01:05 PM   #13
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

My favorite class was the Monk. It totally rocks!

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 04:53 PM   #14
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

my favorite char is the assassin, because i looooove sneakin' an backstabbin, however, the most powerful char i've ever played was a paladin (the subclass wich was immune to level drain) - equipped with the +5 Two handed sword and with the cloak wich throws all spells back to the caster (you can find it in the sahuagin city) - he killed EVERYTHING without even a scratch. Even as he encountered 6 Beholders at a time they all killed themselves *ggg* - you are still vulnerable to imprison, though
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
lord_gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 05:35 PM   #15
Sir Michael
Manshoon

My favorite class is the druid. He is not a front-line combat character, but is a good alternative and addition to a mage. Unlike mages, druids don't have to worry about controlling their elementals. My favorite tactics have always been summoning monsters, along with the mages' cloudkill, death fog, and incindiary cloud spells, to wipe out enemies before they even get close to the characters. Shapechanging can also be useful at times. Druids are also capable healers, and advance rapidly through the levels.
\"You see things; and you say \'Why?\' But I dream things that never were; and I say \'Why not?\'\"<br />-George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />\"Men take only their needs into consideration never their abilities.\"<br />-Napoleon Bonaparte
Sir Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 06:03 PM   #16
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Have to agree with Dundee. See my sig. I like mages better than sorcerers, though, more spells. But, not for solo.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 06:07 PM   #17
Tabitha Silverwill
Dungeon Master

Well, it would appear that I am in the minority but I love being a fighter. Pure and simple, no dual classing mucking about rubbish for me. I enjoy being female and hacking chunks out of bad males and scarey monsters

I find it very good therapy after a day of using female intelligence and guile to just let rip and get in touch with my physical side. (This is obviously only when my little male friend can't come round to play )
Old 11-29-2001, 08:22 PM   #18
andrewas
Harper

Yay tabitha, the one voice of reason in this thread! at least as far as class selection goes.

kaleban has it wrong about NWN. the following elements cross over:

your name
your portrait (unconfirmed, but id think so)
you stats (fixed within legal limits, so no more 19 STR human fighters)

and thats it. no spells, no xp, no equipment, just a name, face and numbers. and the level 1 fighters reminicing about dragon-slaying will be hilarious, im sure.

altho, since NWN is 3d, wont they be flying? the dragons i mean? need some new tactics then.
Old 11-30-2001, 03:28 AM   #19
LennonCook
Jack Burton

[img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img]
Damn registry??
I take it u had to do a system restore??
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 03:56 AM   #20
Manwe
Manshoon

Hehe, when i tried to install the game the setup thought i had the game installed, and it tried to uninstall it. I had to clear some keys in the registry.
Manwe is offline   Reply With Quote