Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 10:52 AM   #1
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Enterprise Finale Detailed

UPN released details of the upcoming back-to-back series-ending episodes of its canceled Star Trek: Enterprise, which will air in May.

The first episode, "Terra Prime," will air at 8 p.m. ET/PT on May 13. The episode reveals the first steps in the foundation of the Federation, when Capt. Archer (Scott Bakula) and the crew must stop Paxton (guest star Peter Weller), a well-armed, radical human isolationist leader, who is threatening to destroy Starfleet Command unless all aliens leave Earth immediately, UPN announced.

The second episode, "These Are the Voyages," will air at 9 p.m. the same night. It takes place six years in the future, when an emotional Capt. Archer and the crew return to Earth to face the decommissioning of the Enterprise and the signing of the Federation charter, ratifying the newly formed alliance of planets. As previously reported, Star Trek: The Next Generation cast members Jonathan Frakes (Riker) and Marina Sirtis (Troi) guest star.

and from a different article:

Blalock Disses Enterprise

Jolene Blalock, who plays T'Pol in UPN's canceled Star Trek: Enterprise, told the Toronto Star that she's not happy with the upcoming series finale, which airs in May. "I don't know where to begin with that one," she told the newspaper. "The final episode is ... appalling."

Blalock declined to elaborate, but otherwise had praise for this season's storylines, many of which hearken back to the original Star Trek series.

The fourth season "was a treat, a joy, to do," Blalock said. "It was an unexpected surprise to have the scripts that we did. And I am grateful and thankful for that. It was fun to come to work again."

Enterprise's fourth season was overseen by producer Manny Coto, an avowed fan of all things Trek. "It was certainly much better than spending another season doing what we had been doing," Blalock told the newspaper. "It said a lot about the potential of the show."

Enterprise has wrapped production in Los Angeles and the final episode, "These Are the Voyages," with guest stars Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis, airs at 9 p.m. ET/PT May 13.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:35 AM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

So is this the end for all you trek freaks then. What will be on T.V for star trek? I never did get into this one. I like Star trek the next generation. But that was about it. I like the first one as well. But have not watched the re-runs in some time.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:25 PM   #3
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I think that Spike TV and the Space channel will still show Star Trek as well as UPN maybe.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:38 AM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Sucks that Manny isn't doing the final. It'll suck, I'm sure. Berman and Brannon are doing it. Ugh. suckville.

Watch the whole show be a holodeck experiance that Capt.Riker and Deanna Troi are checking out (since they are in the final) and they are now on the his new starship he commands....

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:59 PM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

That would be even more ridiculous than the first season. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:27 PM   #6
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Tell me its not so, Z! Berman and Braga, those two, what thet have done to Trek... No, I better not get started.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:33 PM   #7
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

What have they done actually? I gather from my local Trek friends too that they're not that popular - I seem to remember seeing them on the credits of DS9 and Voyager and I enjoyed both of them. What's so bad?
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:27 PM   #8
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Star Trek Nemesis, Star Trek Insurrection, they are the reason that none of the Trek series have any continuity (within themselves of between the series) after Gene Roddenberry left. they're the reason Wil Wheaton (wesley crusher) left Next Generation, as well as the woman who played Tasha Yar in the first season of NG.

They created to mediocre-poor trek series to milk the franchise for what they can, rather than listening to what fans wanted (A large portion of fandom wanted to see Captain Sulu (crew member from the original series) and the adventures of him and his crew). In short they've done alot to earn the hatred of trekkies Something Positive captures the general feel of the respect those two have for the franchise in this comic
Old 04-06-2005, 11:30 PM   #9
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

To be fair I, like most people who hated voyager, disliked it because of Captain Janeway, she should have been jettisoned out of the nearest airlock as soon as she gave up an opportunity to get the crew home sooner and safer but refused and decided to meddle violating the Prime Directive willy nilly, but using it as an excuse not to help her crew and ship (and don't even get me started on the number of shuttlecraft they had in that small ship.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:37 AM   #10
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:

They created to mediocre-poor trek series to milk the franchise for what they can, rather than listening to what fans wanted (A large portion of fandom wanted to see Captain Sulu (crew member from the original series) and the adventures of him and his crew).
George Takei can't act if his life depended on it, though - some ideas are better left in the minds of disgruntled Trek-fans.
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote