Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2003, 05:12 PM   #1
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
I keep having this issue with my game. It gives me an assertion failure message and then it closes. Any actuall fix I could make use of? or will I have to try and reinstall? PS. I have an ATI Radeon 9000 vid card, Soundblaster Audigy or something like that, and Intel P4 2.4GhZ any ideas what I can do to solve this? See also my post in BG2 forum for a similar issue.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 06:01 PM   #2
Vedran
Lord Soth

Does this help?
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 06:05 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

These things usualy point to chitin.cpp, which is the source file associated with processing chitin.key, which is the index to the .bif files. Unless bioware have a known fix for this specific issue, its down to a re-install again.

You may want to have a look at your hard-drive as well. If its throwing bad sectors or something, its only a matter of time before it knackers something important like the registry.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:00 PM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Andrewas, while your hypothesis is plausible, it is also relatively unlikely due to the fact that my hard drive is brand new. That fact, however, can not completely irradicate the possibility. Vedran That link "would" be helpful if this problem was occurring with BG2 but it isn't. However, I will take note of which particular assertion failure rears its ugly head next time, and see what must be done from there.

[ 04-10-2003, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 07:46 AM   #5
andrewas
Harper

Brand new dosent mean it isnt defective. You're having problems with both BG1 and BG2. Both problems look to me like data corruption. It might be a good idea to run a surface scan on it, and backups are always a good idea.