Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2001, 06:41 PM   #11
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Micah,

If I get HoW, it patches IWD automatically? Really? 'Cause HoW is on the Xmas wish list......

Our mailbox can be set up to not download anything bigger than 1/2 gig, but since I normally don't receive any thing *quite* so big, I don't have the option activated. Magik (from GD) reckons it's here on the hd *somewhere* but I think it got lost in cyber-space [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 12-12-2001, 08:38 AM   #12
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Garnet,

Yes, if you get HOW it automatically applies the IWD v1.0.6 patch (plus a few other things they missed as well) to IWD. I believe that HOW then becomes v1.4.0. There is a v1.4.1 patch for HOW but the free download called Trials of the Loremaster also applies a later patch v1.4.2 to HOW. If HOW is in the cards for you by christmas (is it really less than 2 week away?) i would consider waiting for HOW and then either download TotlM or apply the HOW patch. Let me know which you decide. I'll try resending the v1.0.6 patch just in case it got scrambled in transmission from this end.

Just a quick word of warning - multiplayer performance in HOW drops substantially in HOW compared to IWD. I don't know why, but the game suffers dramatically from lag. The situation improves a LOT when TotlM is installed.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 09:21 AM   #13
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Darlin', I'm on dial up----the game sometimes suffers dramatically from lag anyhow!!! And I haven't even *tried* mping! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hopefully (if the store gets it in again...) HoW is in the pile of goodies for mama at Xmas. 'Course, mama just might have to anticipate a little if it gets in the store *before* anyone else notices
Old 12-12-2001, 09:35 AM   #14
Micah Foehammer

ROTFL ... Nothing wrong with an early christmas present. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I've played both IWD and HOW on mplayer (56k modem) both as host and otherwise, and the mplayer performance went into the tank with HOW. We had a group of six run through IWD with no lag problems. HOW brought us to a screeching halt and that was even after we adjusted as much of the feedback and ambient sounds options as we could (slowest system in the group was an 800 mhz P3!). TotlM seems to be much better.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 12-13-2001, 09:11 PM   #15
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Good luck on HoW it's a blast. Tale's is a very long DL and I dont suggest doing it over a 56k unless you gozilla or something like
that, that wills ave your DL if it get's intterupted. If you had a Jazz drive I could send it to via snail mail. sorry I dont have a burner yet. It's on next years christmas list. Have fun and stay warm and keep that hungry step son away from the cookies
Old 12-14-2001, 07:29 AM   #16
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Guess what guys?!?!

I called our local big bookstore to request HoW to be ordered. Well, it just *happened* that two were in transit--and not reserved or ordered by anyone. Now how's *that* for synergy? So the clerk kindly tagged one for reserve in my name. I figured it would come in next week and so was all excited....

Three hours later, a clerk called and said IT WAS IN!!!! Tomorrow I pick up my very own copy of Heart of Winter!!!!!!!!

Happy, happy, joy!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] Garnet gets a new game!!! More assorted bad nasties to smite! (Such a wondrous stress reliever )

Hugs, kisses and other assorted warm fuzzies to Micah and to Elif and to the Bman!
Old 12-14-2001, 12:16 PM   #17
Micah Foehammer

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Enjoy HOW!! Its a great expansion!