Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2001, 09:32 AM   #1
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Ok guys, it's like this......what is the deal on the patch for IW? I went to the official site and 1.06 only is available there--with the admonition to NOT patch if you have HoW installed. I plan to get HoW this month, but obviously don't have it installed right now. Will it mess everything up (later) if I go ahead and patch now? Is it even that vital?
Old 12-10-2001, 10:18 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I did exactly what you are contemplating. I installed IWD, patched IWD, bought and installed HOW, THEN patched HOW and just recently installed TotLM. I haven't had ANY problems yet. I think the warning about the 1.06 patch is if you already have HOW installed - in that case installing the 1.06 version patch for IWD would be BAD, as it would mess up the override folders!

If you are worried in the least about installing HOW over a patched version of IWD, you can always do this. Copy over your saved games to a temporary folder, uninstall your patched IWD. Reinstall IWD and then install HOW over IWD, and THEN apply the HOW patch. Then copy your saved games back into the saved game folder.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 01:32 PM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

You can install the latest patch for IWD now (without HoW) without causing a problem later.

I think the point is that after you install HoW you no longer patch IWD. HoW patches IWD up to the point HoW was released. Any patches after installing HoW should be HoW patches.
Old 12-10-2001, 03:15 PM   #4
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Thanks guys. I'll patch today if I can get into the dl page (couldn't originally)
Old 12-10-2001, 03:31 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer

Garnet,

check your email .... just sent you the 1.0.6 patch for IWD

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 12-10-2001, 03:41 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer

Ignore the v1.0.5 patch .... it didn't fix everything which is why the 1.0.6 patch was necessary.

HOW has two patches ... one is contained within the TotlM expansion module and the other is version 1.4.1

Old 12-10-2001, 05:24 PM   #7
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Micah,

It was so sweet of you to e-mail the patch. I interrupted the dispatch as I'm on a dial-up and it takes forever--then I couldn't get into the &%*&^#$& dl page again! So I am now dling your email....

Thank you so much! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2001, 08:44 AM   #8
Micah Foehammer

Garnet,

You're welcome. [img]smile.gif[/img] I know how downloads can be sometimes. Hope the patch works okay for you.

Old 12-11-2001, 10:04 AM   #9
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Micah

The cursed patches didn't make it thru!--said it downloaded but they weren't there! Oh well. pc has been acting really weird and when I had a friend try to burn the patch from his pc for me, *his* pc went crash!

Something tells me I shuldn't be worrying about patching right now.......
Old 12-11-2001, 10:10 AM   #10
Micah Foehammer

Does your ISP have a size limit on your mail box?????? That might be the trouble. The patch should be about 3.6 meg +/-.

Tell you what .... let me look at home tonight and see if I have a burned CD with the 1.0.6 patch on it. If I do, I can snail mail it to you. I really don't need it any more myself, since I have HOW which patches IWD and TotlM which patches HOW.