Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2001, 07:22 PM   #1
Cybaslasher
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was planning on making my own custom items and was wondering if anyone could give me a link to a tutorial site for this? it would help alot. Thank You
Old 05-21-2001, 08:42 PM   #2
Tkboy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sorry can't help you, but if you have a program could you tell me what it is, and wear to get it, if any replys, could you send them to telekenetic_boy@hotmail.com, as i too am also interested in that.

TK boy
Old 05-21-2001, 10:56 PM   #3
Gimmick
Dungeon Master

Visit this site, it has everything you need.

http://www.teambg.com/
Old 05-22-2001, 05:58 AM   #4
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

ive got the newestversion of shadowkeeper and cant wait to make some of those monsters a lot tougher... and ive got the ieeed thingy too but havent given it a shot as yet.... think ill make my monk a set of +90234572890 gauntlets of crushing lol

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2001, 08:25 AM   #5
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Unfortunately i havent ben able to get anything going with the Infinity Engine Editor. i cant even figure out WHERE the items that id like to edit are saved.

Any help out there gang????

------------------
Old 05-22-2001, 11:01 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:
Unfortunately i havent ben able to get anything going with the Infinity Engine Editor. i cant even figure out WHERE the items that id like to edit are saved.

Any help out there gang????

First you need to make sure that the game selected is BG2, as the IEEP can be used for IWD and BG1 as well.

Secondly, you need to make sure that the items you want to edit have been exported to your BG2 override folder. There are a couple of ways to do this, but the easiest is to use Shadowkeeper to export them to your override. Just open up the Item Browser in Shadowkeeper, select the item, and click on Export Item. This will export it to your override. Shut down SK.

Then use IEEP to open up the file and you can do your editing. Some hints - start small until you are comfortable with the IEEP interface and with how everything works. Check some items to see how they are put together so that you understand what things like Equipped Effects and Item Effects do, etc. A lot of this will be pretty much trial and error, so try not to do too much at once, because if something goes wrong you will have a hard time working out what is not working.

------------------
Old 05-23-2001, 05:25 AM   #7
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Sorry to disagree with u Memnoch, but a much more fficient way to get all the items or spells or whatever in one place is to use BIFFTool front end. This extracts them all in one click into your data folder from where u can select them for editing and save them to your override folder when finished. This way u always have a backup copy as well so u don't have to keep re-extracting.
Old 05-23-2001, 05:42 AM   #8
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Ok guys im trying to learn to do this but i cant tell if anything is working right. I discovered that if i wanted to add an effect to an item then i could iadd but i couldnt tell if the effect actually worked or not. Then I found a thing on the Add Item Effect that said, I believe, Add icon??? the symbol to that particular effect. Basicly what im trying to do is modify the gauntlets of crushing so that I can add Farsight and Free Action. I started to creat an item from scratch but Im so unfamiliar with all the parameters and what they do that Im kind of lost on this.

Thanks to Memnoch and Vaskez for your patience and help with me on this.

------------------