Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2004, 08:28 PM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Ok I need any help for the final battle in HoF... any tactics are welcome even the cheesiest ones.

My party (all 30 level):

Ghostwise Halfling Barbarian 17 / Bard 13
Half Elf Paladin Of Ilmater 3 / Ranger 27
Human Fighter 1 / Bane 1 / Transmuter 1 / Druid 27
Tiefling Rogue 7 / Talos 23
Svirfneblin Mage 17 / Rogue 13
Drow Sorceress 30

I got monks help. I try my best, I manage to kill all other baddies but when it comes to the twins I almost always get Isair/Madae was immune to your damage... (I have everytrhing +5 or better including +5 ammo). To make matters worse being evil I sided with Xvim so the radiant pool is not tainted...
I once managed to get them to the point where they retreat to the pool and then get Isair to Hurt... That was the best I could do... Oh and i got him to Hurt by casting horrid wilting which deals some 40 damage... but i only have 8 or 9 of those...
Any help is needed to get them damaged... and to help me stay alive... because should they attcack one of my mellee guys hes dead in few secs..
Old 02-05-2004, 09:19 PM   #2
Magness
Quintesson

ZFR, I didn't have the slightest trouble with the final battle in HOF. I just used the same basic tactics as in normal mode; that is, full buffing, run away from the twins at the start of the battle to avoid the Blasphemy spell, kill the summoner ASAP, let the monks and my summons keep the twins busy while the party wipes out the twins' allies.

For spells, Symbol of Hopelessness and Holy Word were great for stunning most of the twins' allies.

Mordenkainen's Sword is great, but beware of using it against the twins if they have up fire shields. Mord's Sword is treated like a melee weapon and the Fire Shield will hurt your mage, even across the room.

If you have developed good HOF tactics and spell combos to this point, simply used them in combination with your normal mode Final Battle tactics.

For whatever its worth, I didn't find the final battle to be anywhere near the toughest HOF battle.

IMHO the battle in the courtyard of Guthma's fortress (end of Chapter 1) and the battle against Saablic Tan and his many minions (at the start of the Fields of Slaughter) were considerably tougher HOF battles.

Good luck.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 05:00 AM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Ok finished it...

The problem was that the twins have high damage immunities so dealing damage to them was the problem... but i found that isair took full damage from the holy avenger (unlike madae whom I was hitting first and who resisited 20 of that).
After everyone else was down I used summon monsters and some otilukes resilient spheres to keep the twins busy while i hit them with best weapons I had... thank God they would go after summons first... healers were also working a lot...

Anyway since the radiant pool wasnt tainted they would go to uninjured from hurt... only after some time I realised I had to draw them back from the room outside... Isair went down quite easily then...

From my side I lost my barbarian/bard...