Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2003, 06:33 AM   #21
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
Lol. Germany sucked big time ...
It is a proud national tradition that the German participant has to "suck bigtime" under any circumstance.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
... Turkey won... are they in Europe? ...
That is debatable ... but the same could be said for the UK, so I see a pattern here.

Actually, I think the quality of the competition has increased greatly over the past: the have finally given up any pretense that the musical aspect is of any importance and have started to give the first price to the participant with the best boobs. When reading my profound analysis, please bear in mind that I am in my fourth year of living without a television, so that my total visual exposure to that great event over the recent years adds up to about 5-10 mins.
So long !<br /><br />R³ aka \"The Ramonster\"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine\'s \"permanent advocate\" ! - relaunched edition -
Old 05-25-2003, 07:05 AM   #22
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Indemaijinj:
And I am also sick and tired of Swedens latest trend in spouting out one soulless ABBA clone each year.

I can actually agree with you on that.
Old 05-25-2003, 10:46 AM   #23
Raistlin Majere
Ra

ditto

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Old 05-25-2003, 10:52 AM   #24
lethoso
Manshoon

well, i just finished watching it, the geographic voting was damn funny [img]tongue.gif[/img]

only act i vaguely liked the sound of was poland.... greece also gets my seal of approval because of the singers huge..... lungs (what our television man said [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).
Old 05-25-2003, 11:46 AM   #25
Faceman
Hathor

I watched up to the Austrian guy... then it got a bit too much for me. How did he do? The man rocked, in a very strange and bad way. I think Austria got the right idea frankly - if you are going to take part in the Eurovision song contest then at least send someone completely lacking in talent whatsoever. Anything more than that gives the contest delusions of acceptability.

He actually is a comedian/philosopher with a very strange way to convey his message.
As an Austrian I was laughing my head off on his appearance (although I knew the song before)
Care for a translation of the song?
"Rabbits live in the wood, Cats in the grass and cockroaches live under the floortiles..."
Refrain
"Little bunnies have little noses and little kittens have little paws..."

Completely senseless lyrics and a combination of kindergarten music and bad Hardrock riffs. But it's obviously sufficient for the Songcontest.
It's our best result since 1989!
Old 05-25-2003, 12:23 PM   #26
Charlie
Lord Ao

I was unwittingly made to suffer the UK song???? on the news, even the newsreader was stifling sniggers at how bad the UK was. Did the bird have her kilt stuck in her drawers at the back. I only saw a couple of seconds (luckily) but her skirt, dress, outfit thing that she was semi wearing seemed to leave her backside exposed, maybe that's why she made such an arse of herself.

Incidentally she was interviewed by the news channel later. She was amazed they never got a point. I'm amazed she was ever allowed on the stage.

Abysmal.
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 05-25-2003, 03:40 PM   #27
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

It would appear they are still singing the same songs they used 20 years ago... Still, I really do think Isreal and Ukraine should have gotten more points. Not to mention my own country (the 13th place?!).
Old 05-25-2003, 06:45 PM   #28
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

[quote]Originally posted by Dublin Grocer:
Quote:
BTW - why are Israel in it? What part of Europe are they in?
It doesn't have anything to do about being a part of Europe but being a part (member) of Eurovision.
Old 05-26-2003, 09:01 AM   #29
Melusine
Dracolisk

I have been blissfully unaware of the fact that the Festival even took place, but I just read in today's paper that some British media held the war in Iraq responsible for the UK's bad results. According to them, the other European countries wanted to punish the UK for participating in the war by not voting for their great song. Uh... yeah. Judging by the reports on here, it's infinitely more likely that the song just sucked.
Old 05-26-2003, 09:18 AM   #30
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
I have been blissfully unaware of the fact that the Festival even took place, but I just read in today's paper that some British media held the war in Iraq responsible for the UK's bad results. According to them, the other European countries wanted to punish the UK for participating in the war by not voting for their great song. Uh... yeah. Judging by the reports on here, it's infinitely more likely that the song just sucked.
Righttttttt! Don't think I didn't see you singing the Dutch entry Melusine!

BTW - don't totally dismiss the Iraq issue. Even the worst songs usually get a few points.

Of course it could finally be the year when the rest of Europe punishes us for not taking it seriously. We even send Terry Wogan to take the piss on our behalf.

The UK song is being released as a single today so we shall see.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show