Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2001, 12:32 PM   #11
dulouz
Manshoon

SPOILERS
The Illithids were really no match for the Slayer in the underdark. I came across desperate times so I changed into Slayer. She maimed the brain suckers. Also, is there any way to open some of those magically held doors in the Illithid City without turning into the Slayer? I didn't bother trying and potions of strength or any spells.

Dulouz.

Quote:
Originally posted by bgbaird:
It means you lose 2 rep.

Actually, there are critters that can tear the Slayer a new one. Take Illithids. Apparently the Slayer can have his brain sucked out as well, but it likely tastes bad, if that makes you feel better.

Old 07-11-2001, 06:46 PM   #12
Robin, Thief of Hearts
The Magister

Yes, there's a way to get that door open, but you need a slave Illithid to do it for you. How you get one is up to you!
Old 07-16-2001, 07:37 PM   #13
Jeannada
Dungeon Master

Is it really worth it to turn into slayer unless you are a fighter? How much damage is my "great druid" really going to dish out in melee, slayer or not?
**spoiler** below

( i had to turn into slayer on purpose even tho i had finished the Illithis place in underdark-- Viconia left the group after i helped those slaves escape and i got a reputation point-- i had to reload and become slayer THEN go out near the exit ) so i was still under 18-- her breaking point
Old 07-16-2001, 11:49 PM   #14
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeannada:
Is it really worth it to turn into slayer unless you are a fighter? How much damage is my "great druid" really going to dish out in melee, slayer or not?
If I recall correctly, regardless of class and stats, the Slayer change gives you: 25 strength, 25 dexterity, -10 AC, - 6 Thac0, 4 attacsk per round, 100 hp (even if you had more), fast regenerate, and immunity to: imprisonment, domination, charm, maze, stun, etc.

So, you can pretty much kick arse despite your abilities beforehand.

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Old 07-17-2001, 07:36 AM   #15
Vampire

40% MR
Regenerate Quickly
Immune to Normal Weap
Does 4 att/rnd cold damage
25 Str, 25 Dex, 18 Con