Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2002, 08:47 AM   #11
dwarf4hire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, one more thing. I didn't see where anyone mentioned it before me so here it is. You have to zzzzSLEEPzzzz to raise a level. Once the game tells you to meditate on all you've learned, you are ready to raise a level. If you're ready to level, find a nice comfortable bed and take a nap.
To find out how many levels you can raise, just move the cursor over your level in the Stats menu, it'll say ??/10 with 10 being one level. I'm at 43/10 right now meaning I'm ready to raise 4 levels right now but I don't ever sleep so I don't raise the levels. It's really cool though, because when you finally DO decide to take a nap you get multipliers for all the skills you've raised in between leveling. Save before you sleep to see what I mean.

If you don't get a multiplier in a stat you want more points in, train a couple of skills that use that stat and you'll get a multiplier. Some may call that cheating, but I'm using the rules of the game to do it, not editing the game itself
\"To fail to speak to a man who is capable of benefiting is to let a man go to waste. To speak to a man who is incapable of benefiting is to let one\'s words go to waste. A wise man lets neither men nor words go to waste.\"~Kung Ch\'iu-Confucius
dwarf4hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 05:43 PM   #12
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

This way of levelling up is very realistic IMO, just like Dungeon Siege!
Old 06-19-2002, 05:11 AM   #13
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

dwarfe thats a stupid way to lvl up you only get the multiplier for you first nap. try sleeping again afterwards you wont get any multipliers.........................

haha jokes on you, just lost 3 lvls of multipliers.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 09:27 AM   #14
dwarf4hire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Don't be ridiculous. What kind of moron would immediately go right back to sleep? I just wait until I've raised a couple of more skills and THEN go back to sleep. Try sleeping in the Blades Trainers houses in Balmora, then sleep the first time to get all your bonuses, and train a couple of skills, go to another Trainers' house and raise more skills, then either go to the third guys' house, or take a nap. Rinse and Repeat.

P.S. I didn't say it's the best way. That's just the way I choose to do it. I think it's really cool. I don't ask you to like it, but I also don't think you need to call it stupid either since you obviously haven't fully explored the concept.

P.P.S. Also, I specifically choose the skills I'm raising so I get all the multipliers in the Attributes I choose. I've only wasted a few multipliers by accidently raising the wrong Attribute's skills.

[ 06-19-2002, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: dwarf4hire ]
\"To fail to speak to a man who is capable of benefiting is to let a man go to waste. To speak to a man who is incapable of benefiting is to let one\'s words go to waste. A wise man lets neither men nor words go to waste.\"~Kung Ch\'iu-Confucius
dwarf4hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 09:57 AM   #15
ronan
The Magister

why don't other skills count towards levelling up? they are harder to level up and you get less reward for doing so. the structure of the game is open ended but by allowing you to level up on any skill you would really be able to create your own character style. i know you can create your own character class but i dont want to waste the hours i spent getting into the game by restarting but if i dont i know i am just going to get more and more frustrated. why dont they just let all skills level up at the same rate, all count towards levelling up over all and let the starting levels account for your background before you started playing. let us take our characters in any direction we wish.