Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2002, 10:00 PM   #11
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

<fontcolor=FFDEAD> Like so many movies based on books, they can't get everything in the book into the movie. The ability to add depth and detail is what makes books so wonderful. Harry Potter is like LOR in that what we've pictured in our minds isn't always what a movie sees. That's why movies can sometimes be so disappointing. Our minds are richer than the movie screen. I loved the books. I read them all before giving them to my granddaughter last Christmas. I thought the movie was good and expect the same from the new one.</font>

[ 11-09-2002, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: antryg ]
Old 11-10-2002, 07:10 AM   #12
Lavindathar
Harper

<font color="cyan">You should enjoy it antryg, as long as you go in with the mindset that it isn't as good as the book, you'll enjoy it!</font>
Old 11-10-2002, 07:18 PM   #13
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
<fontcolor=FFDEAD> Like so many movies based on books, they can't get everything in the book into the movie. The ability to add depth and detail is what makes books so wonderful. Harry Potter is like LOR in that what we've pictured in our minds isn't always what a movie sees. That's why movies can sometimes be so disappointing. Our minds are richer than the movie screen. I loved the books. I read them all before giving them to my granddaughter last Christmas. I thought the movie was good and expect the same from the new one.</font>
The only gripe I had with HP1, and the difference saw in it as a bok adaption compared to LotR, was this - in LotR, they added and changed, made it a better-working film rather than doggedly stick to the book. In HP, they made a striaghtforward film of the book, and that meant they could only take away.

But it is my only gripe. HPotter series gets better plot-wise as the series develops. Chamber of Secrets should be excellent... it's a friend's birthday on Saturday, and he's gathering a few of our old crowd together to see this. Looking forward to it...
Old 11-12-2002, 07:16 AM   #14
ronan
The Magister

I oove the books and she really should hurry up and finish No.5 but I was a bit disappointed by the 1st film. I know they are only kids but some of the acting was a bit wooden and itt just didn't hit the high notes. I have seen the 2nd film and it fantastic. It has improved on the !st film in all areas and really is a great film. The effects have especially brushed up and unlike many films the cgi is there as a tool not to be focused on top the detriment of pacing and story. The actors are all growing into their roles and if you were not keen on the first film I advise you to go and see this one it should change your mind. Oh and there are still people who haven't read the books? Come on chaps, they are bloody brilliant as Ron might say.
Old 11-12-2002, 02:16 PM   #15
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by ronan:
they are bloody brilliant as Ron might say.
<font color="cyan">LOL! [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img] </font>

[ 11-12-2002, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]