Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2002, 08:12 AM   #1
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

So...
Who should take over the role of Dumbledore? I have heard many names bandied about, but I don't know if I agree with any of them. Personally, I find myself for some reason thinking that Peter O'Toole might be good...
As for the suggestion that Anthony Hopkins should take over-- I love the guy, but I can't see him playing the part. Same with Patrick Stewart.
They could probably do just as well with an unknown actor. Or perhaps someone from the theater, with a Shakespearian background.
Any thoughts?
Old 10-28-2002, 04:15 PM   #2
Gammit
Elminster

I am so sad that the actor died. I hope he's happier now. A replacement? That's gonna be tough; the original was exactly how I pictured Dumbledore... I'd say no "known" actors doing the part... it wouldn't do any justice. Pick an unheard of, but talented actor, I say.
Old 10-31-2002, 11:49 AM   #3
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Gee, what happened to all the Harry Potter fans? Do they just not have an opinion, or are they not coming to this board?
Old 10-31-2002, 09:36 PM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

Yeah, I pictured the actor as the perfect Dumbledore. Well atleast he'll be in the 2nd and 3rd movie. But finding a new actor is really tough.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 09:52 AM   #5
Lavindathar
Harper

<font color="cyan">Yeah, he suited the role quite well!

I think the best bet, in fact, the only bet, is an unknown actor. Put anyone famous in this role, i.e Hopkins, and they'd be like : Lecter is playing Dumbledore!

I've booked my tickets for this Friday, special preview night!! hehe, a week before it came out!

I'm so sad, I'm 17!!!!</font>
Old 11-06-2002, 03:39 AM   #6
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

There were rumors circulating that Christopher Lee (Saruman in FOTR) will get the role. He himself denies: Danish site
Old 11-06-2002, 02:53 PM   #7
Lavindathar
Harper

<font color="cyan">I can see him in this role, he isn't TOO famous, but looks the part!

:'(, sniff, can't read the site!</font>
Old 11-12-2002, 07:24 AM   #8
ronan
The Magister

Sean Connery? just a thought
Old 11-12-2002, 11:26 AM   #9
Rokenn
Galvatron

I found this on http://www.imdb.com:

McKellen to Replace Harris?

British actor Ian McKellen has been tipped to replace the late Richard Harris in the third Harry Potter movie. Last week Ian's Lord Of The Rings co-star Christopher Lee announced his disgust at being lined up to replace Irish star so soon after Harris lost his battle with Hodgkins Disease last month. McKellen has become the frontrunner to play Professor Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban, which stars filming in the new year. An film insider says, "They need someone with gravitas and presence to take on the role, and Ian's got that by the bucketload. It's hard to think of anyone else who could really make the part their own." McKellen's spokesperson declined to comment on the reports.
Old 11-12-2002, 02:12 PM   #10
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by ronan:
Sean Connery? just a thought
<font color="cyan">No way, he's WAY too famous for this role. Would totally ruin it! And Dumbledore is NOT Scottish!</font>