Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2001, 01:05 PM   #1
Domer40
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have seen many books on shelves throughout the game. Are they essential? Should I read them? And I have some items, like cellar keys and door keys and books and letters etc. that I have pick up along the way. Can I drop these? Or do I need them. (For example, I beat the Shadow Lord, do I still need the celestial Stone and the book that I found?)

Domer
Old 03-13-2001, 01:08 PM   #2
dafan

The books is just for you if ya wonna read something ... you don't have any use for em... some of the keys can be thrown away if ya feel like it and letter's to but save em till you have done the quests conected to em

------------------
My strength and honor
for king and country
Old 03-13-2001, 01:09 PM   #3
dafan

The books is just for you if ya wonna read something ... you don't have any use for em... some of the keys can be thrown away if ya feel but make sure you wont need em more... you can also store everything if you are unsure and letter's to but save em till you have done the quests conected to em

------------------
My strength and honor
for king and country
Old 03-13-2001, 01:20 PM   #4
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Be careful throwing away "useless keys." You may drop the wrong one and wish you hadn't. I usaully find some place to store the keys and other "unimportant" stuff. I like the Medallion (big circle with a lion's head in the middle) on the tier just above the Adventurer's Mart in Waukeen's Prommenade. Nothing will ever get stolen from there and it's easy to find.

There is only one book that is really required, and you will be directed to it by a specific quest. Otherwise, they are for enjoyable reading. I have noticed though that you happen across specific books before you entere an appropriate area. For example, The History of the Drow is found just before you happen to encounter Drow.

------------------
"The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive." Job: A Comedy of Justice
Old 03-13-2001, 01:24 PM   #5
Epona
Zartan

SPOILER
The only books that I know of that you should pick up and hang on to are found in Chapter 6 after killing Bodhi. You only need them if you were most of the way through a romance. I shall say no more at the risk of spoiling too much...

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-13-2001, 02:03 PM   #6
Valhakar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There is a simple solution to the keys. Simply find an out of the way chest of box. toss your questionable items in there. They wont be going anywhere.
Old 03-13-2001, 05:52 PM   #7
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

The Temple of Lathander in the Temple district actually offers you the use of their chests to store stuff in if you do the jobs they ask you to do. Be careful to check them for traps, though. I think you are only supposed to use untrapped chests... though it doesn't really seem to matter.
F.
Old 03-13-2001, 06:10 PM   #8
Sentinel04
The Magister

I usually read the books after I encounter a really tough battle and get beaten like 45million times. It eases stress...

------------------

Baldur's Gate and DBZ should combine!