Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2003, 01:18 PM   #51
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>Due to a college semester full of work, our Game Master is regretfully stepping down, and allowing me to fill his position. I am in the process today of finding that person that will be able to give us all a game of great enjoyment, but not have to labor in that task ourselves...so that the four of us can just enjoy without the heavy responsibility of directing this little dramatic event. Give me time to get this going. I will be looking for somebody that can dedicate enough time so that we can post at least once per night each.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 04:34 PM   #52
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

DM’s parting words

As Larry mentioned above, I’m going to need to pull out of this thread. The recent shift in my academic work, while in the end greatly simplifying the process of putting my dissertation together, is one that demands an awful lot of my time and energy at the present. This was not a situation I had anticipated when I had agreed to DM the game. Given the limitations on my time and creativity, I needed to make some choices with regard to the games I’m presently involved in as player and/or DM. Simply put, the amount of creativity and energy that needs to be put into a game that is just starting is, for me at least, much greater than what is required by an established game. My apologies for the inconvenience this causes – I'm bummed about it myself because I see a lot of really cool possibilities in both the game setting and the group of players. But given that I simply cannot devote the time to give either the game itself or this group of players my best effort, it seems wisest to pull out early so that another GM may take over.
Cyril Darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 06:32 PM   #53
Bastion Stormbringer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

To the departing GM: [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Dude, it has been incredible working with you thus far!Sorry your reality didn't coincide with ours - but the difference between "Just getting by" and outright success is the knowledge of your limits and the ability to prioritize - I suspect you'll be quite successful at [whatever it is you're studying - fill in the blank at your leisure].

And, should you find the time, you could always drop back by, maybe harass us a little - let us know you're still around, right?

----->Until next time,
Old 01-27-2003, 09:11 PM   #54
Bastion Stormbringer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Bastion takes some time to reassure Sensoo, so the horse won't attack Master Cyrus, since the master must have the horse nearby to have the armor custom fit.Soon, Bastion is heading up the street, towards the Laughing Dragon.He decides to pop in, and see what might be available for breakfast - his earlier tankard of coffee, strong and aromatic as it was, is just not enough this morning...

He mounts the well-worn steps of the tavern, the varied palette of aromas reaching out, beckon him onward, hurrying his steps.Ever-present, in the center of all of these fine smells, beyond the bacon, sausage, and pot of boiling something (it smells familiar - perhaps this afternoon's stew?), is the ever-present morning nectar that drives him on - the smell of strong-brewed coffee!

"Excuse me!" Bastion exclaims in a loud, friendly baritone, "I'll need two rolls, some bacon, eggs, and a large tankard of coffee, please." he gives his coin purse two shakes at her.

That taken care of, he scans the common room, looking for a suitable place to rest and take the larger part of breakfast...
Bastion Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 07:50 PM   #55
fosferus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Melif enjoyed his coffee while Fire nursed his steak under the table. A loud local came in calling for breakfast, interrupting the dwarf’s quiet reverie.

As Melif turned to see who would be so annoying, the stranger passed his table sooner than expected. Melif’s elbow stuck the man, sending coffee all over both of them.

[ 01-28-2003, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: fosferus ]
Old 01-28-2003, 09:45 PM   #56
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Ned Bunshaw Commoner HP: 7/7 Location: Laughing Dragon

A farmer sat leaning against the wall at the left end of the tavern, and was watching the ladies prance around while sipping his morning brew when he suddenly saw a dwarf and what appeared to be an elf or half-elf bump one another and spill coffee all over the place. Well...this day might turn up something of a charm afterall! the grisley man thought to himself. Nuttin' like a good bar fight between a fairy and a little guy to make for a truely entertaining show! He raised his hand to get the attention of the barmaid passing by so that he could have another round of the warming Peach Brandy.

OOC>>>He's only there to watch, so I don't miss any action...and if I get totally desperate, maybe I will let him get his ass kicked by somebody. Whatever.

[ 01-28-2003, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 01-28-2003, 11:48 PM   #57
Bastion Stormbringer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Bastion Stormbinger[AR/T]HP: 35/35Location: Laughing Dragon

Clipped by something just outside (and below) his (immediate) range of vision, Bastion Stormbringer assumes that someone is making sport of him.Without missing a beat, as he tries to steady his mug of ambrosious coffee, he simultaneously hook-slides his leg toward/under/around the point of impact, locking the offending leg/limb/pseudopodia together with his own, even as he stumbles forward...

"Subia's Notchstick!" Bastion shouts, irritated, "Children should be seen and not heard, and NEVER underfoot!"
Old 01-29-2003, 06:07 PM   #58
fosferus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

“Then quit yer yapping!” growled Melif. He caught the back of the seat he was in as he was thrown forward by the local’s hold. A quick side swing sent it on a whistling path thru the thug’s ankles.

“Have a seat and see things from my perspective!”
Old 01-29-2003, 10:13 PM   #59
Bastion Stormbringer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thrown sideways (OK, actually jogged sideways, as the chair tackled him parallel to his knees) by the sudden impact, Bastion, entangled with Melif, falls (in a style that will come to be known as "slow motion" a number of centuries from now) to the floor, scattering his breakfast unceremoniously in all directions, as he shifts his grips from the tray, the tankard, and his pride to the newly-discovered burly assailant.

Bastion sighs as he scrambles around for a better handle on the dwarf."Too many freaks, not enough circuses..."
Old 01-30-2003, 12:34 AM   #60
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Ned Bunshaw Commoner HP: 7/7

"Yeah! Git'em! Git that pointy-eared fairy, dwarf! Kick his ass!" The half drunk farmer yelled from his side of the room.

================================================== ==============================

Janel Lainger Barmaid HP: 2/2

From the kitchen, Janel walked out, bringing a plate of breakfast to one customer and some more brandy to the dirty old guy that sat in the corner. As she came out from the kitchen, she saw the scuffle, and heard the half-drunk old fool yelling and cheering. All she could think about was the mess she'd have to clean up after everyone cleared out. Looking toward the exit to the tavern, she saw a youngster run out the door, probably to tell his Pa or the authorities about it all. Well, the sooner the better, so I can get outta here at a decent hour... she thought to herself. She reentered the kitchen. Obviously, the drunkard was having too much fun to remember his brandy, and it's not like he needed it. The guy that had ordered the breakfast was now gone, too...as his chair was overturned and in the middle of the melee in the "Battle of the Races". It's prior occupant had vacated it quite suddenly.