Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2003, 05:23 AM   #11
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
I´m sorry but where do I bash America in my post? And I believe you misunderstood my propaganda comment. Think presidential election. Perhaps propaganda was the wrong word.
It's like the Salem witch hunts Willow, it only took one child to shout 'witch' and you ended up having to defend yourself.

I thought it was a spoof at first.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 05-03-2003, 08:11 AM   #12
wellard
Dracolisk

May day is the workers holiday, a celebration for the working class and their rights. And no unelected government leader will take that away. Its just part of the coalition of the right *wing* attempts to obliterate May Day and its historical significance.

Hey why don’t we have a military parade outside the white house. No one has done that before

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 05-05-2003, 02:58 PM   #13
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
May day is the workers holiday, a celebration for the working class and their rights. And no unelected government leader will take that away. Its just part of the coalition of the right *wing* attempts to obliterate May Day and its historical significance.

Hey why don’t we have a military parade outside the white house. No one has done that before
Great Idea! We could parade around a bunch of our large missles too!
Old 05-05-2003, 06:58 PM   #14
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

And maybe George will hand out little red books telling us how to be patriotic..
Old 05-06-2003, 07:52 AM   #15
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

So cheerful and celebratory, yet also so sinister. Kinda like every major operation undertaken by this administration. Hmmm.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:08 AM   #16
wellard
Dracolisk

And in a clever move the coalition of the right *wing* will now brain wash every American that those people around the world protesting on may day are anti Americans, and therefore evil and deserving of derision and contempt.

No mention of the historical significance and the need to rally against the unintentional evil of corporate globalisation except perhaps in a quaint offhand way with a smirk on thier face

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 05-06-2003, 08:40 AM   #17
MagiK

You people are just dying to find some sinister plot to assign to GWB sheesh...did you know that more than half of that wording was standard boilerplate for declaring a national holiday....geez get over it already....I know Canada also has a few.....odd....holidays and there are any number of suspect Holidays from around the world..so if they want to take a day and celebrate national loyalty then fine...Loyalty is not a dirty word ya know...it is considered a virtue by some people.

Edit: Look out world the evil Americans are coming..One Nation to rule them all, One Nation to find them, One nation to bring them all and in the darkness bind them....in the land of SUV's where the ozone lies.

[ 05-06-2003, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 05-06-2003, 08:44 AM   #18
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
You people are just dying to find some sinister plot to assign to GWB sheesh...did you know that more than half of that wording was standard boilerplate for declaring a national holiday....geez get over it already....I know Canada also has a few.....odd....holidays and there are any number of suspect Holidays from around the world..so if they want to take a day and celebrate national loyalty then fine...Loyalty is not a dirty word ya know...it is considered a virtue by some people.
You're right Magik, but let us have our fun. You can wrangle on all you like the next time a democrat is in power. Give and take.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:47 AM   #19
MagiK

LOL H [img]smile.gif[/img] ok, thats a deal though Ill be surprised if we are all still on this board when next a dem sits atop the hill [img]smile.gif[/img] and see my edit on the last post

Old 05-06-2003, 09:15 AM   #20
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Edit: Look out world the evil Americans are coming..One Nation to rule them all, One Nation to find them, One nation to bring them all and in the darkness bind them....in the land of SUV's where the ozone lies.
SHHH, Magik, you're going to tip off the Canadians to our plot for world domination. [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]