Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2001, 08:03 AM   #1
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

I've recently been playing with Mazzy and Minsc in the party and I've noticed a small problem, in that Minsc has a tendancy to start attacking Mazzy at the end of a fight (ie when the baddies have been vanquished).

OK, so I did use Shadowkeeper to turn Mazzy into a multi-class Fighter/Thief (btw, this really does work well: you have to knock of 25 hit points and downgrade the weapons profeciancies accordingly, but it makes for a superb little character) but is that reason enough for Minsc to do his nut?

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!
Old 06-11-2001, 08:27 AM   #2
Gorgasim
Dungeon Master

I've noticed with Minsc if I beserk him he tends to start goin after my evil characters. is Mazzy evil? I wouldn't know. He hit my kensai/mage so I fireballed his arse
Old 06-11-2001, 08:50 AM   #3
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

Nope, not evil at all. In fact, a lot of characters in the game who "know" her keep refering to her as a paladin, which is a bit odd as even before I modified her she was only a fighter.

Nope, I reckon Minsc is just slowly losing the plot

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!
Old 06-11-2001, 09:01 AM   #4
Lord Shield

Halflings can't be paladins in 2nd Edition AD&D, so they made Mazzy a Lawful Good fighter and added paladin-like special abilities
Never had that. Mazzy didn't kill Aerie with an area thingy or something did she?

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-11-2001, 09:05 AM   #5
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

Nah, its just some sort of intermittent bug. Come the end of the fight Minsc just starts beatting up onher. As I say, the only mod I've done is turn Mazzy into a F/T. Once I clue into it and stop Minsc, everythings A-OK again, its just very annoying to lose 20 hit points or so to one of my own party!

------------------
Old 06-12-2001, 01:21 AM   #6
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

i changed viconia to an archer once and the same thing happened: at the end of a fight she'd start pelting whoever was closest to her, who in turn would attack her. i figure it was game karma telling me to stop hax0ring the npc's
Old 06-12-2001, 02:05 AM   #7
arion windrider
Red Wizard of Thay

poor minsc (

------------------
Swordmaster to the King of Riva.. ALL HAIL TO BELGARION KING OF RIVA