Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 11:46 PM   #1
Orbost
The Magister

SPOILERS

OK, I need a bit of help here...

I'm in BG and taken the quest to de-petrify the 6 adventurers to recover the Helm of Balduran. I did that, and one of them gave me the scroll hinting where it could be found. I'm sure it is directing me to the Helm and Cloak inn, right? OK, so I searched all through the inn, including the upstairs which is guarded by 2 guards. Can't find it anywhere, and Imoen can't find any secret doors or anything.

Have I missed something obvious? Where is the helm?

Cheers!
Orbost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:58 PM   #2
mad=dog

Ah, but there is a second flight of stair leading to a different second floor. I know that sounds confusing. You enter and to you immidiate right there is a flight of stairs. The helm in NOT up there. Further along, still on your right hand, there is a bar. Go to the right down that way. As you get past the bar you will find a different set of stairs on your left hand. Go up these. The helm is behind the painting farthest from the stairs. Beware of the trap.

I trust you have visited Quenash to get the Cloak no?

Map of first floor drawn from memory. B = Bar.

code:
|It is here | |
|-------* | |
| B | |
| / <-- Entrance
| |
[/QUOTE]
Old 04-28-2005, 04:29 AM   #3
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

its in the back left corner. nice + 5 hp too
Old 04-28-2005, 08:25 PM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

i'm sure you can "picture where the helm is"

Even though it has already been spoiled, which makes that hint useless [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Search for traps btw.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:33 PM   #5
Orbost
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by mad=dog:

I trust you have visited Quenash to get the Cloak no?

No! The note says that Quensh has the cloak, but who is Quenash? I don't recall the name at all.

I'm quite happy to receive spoilers here BTW. I just finished the game for the first time, but there are lots of areas I had not explored - Ulgoths Beard, the Werewolf Isle, Firewine, most of the upper city in Baldurs Gate. So I've gone back to a previous save game to mop up all these other areas and quests.

Just reached the werewolf island and about to venture into the wrecked ship....

OH, another spoiler you can give me [img]smile.gif[/img] ...

I can't get into the tower at Ulgoths Beard. The huckster in the village took my money for the guided tour, and told me to meet him at the base of the tower. But he is nowhere to be seen now, and the tower seems to have no entrance. Any tips on that one?
Old 04-28-2005, 11:33 PM   #6
mad=dog

Well I'll whip out my wand of spoiling then.

1) When you release the statues they give you a note to guide you in finding the helm. If you read it carefully you will see that ".. my cloak I leave with Quenash my fallen angel ..".
Fallen angel = prostetute. Try to look at the local whorehouse called the Undercellar for someone named Quenash. She is in a room near the centre. Oddly the correct answer when she asks you for Vails description is number 9.

2) You have to go to the Tower by yourself. There should be something called Durlags Tower on the overland map. Go there. Head south from the lone merchant near the spawn point and then east across the drawbridge. The entrance should be easy to spot then. Expect heavy duty for the thief as there are traps everywhere.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:17 AM   #7
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

i think you are confusing the lighthouse tower to the tower on your map called durlags tower...
Old 04-29-2005, 03:46 AM   #8
Orbost
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by timothy trotter:
i think you are confusing the lighthouse tower to the tower on your map called durlags tower...
Yes, I think you are right. Everyone in the village was chatting to me about the tower, and the fearsome traps, and the treasure, and I just assumed they were talking about the tower outside the village.

I'll head down to the 'real' tower after I clear out the werewolf island.

Thanks everyone!
Old 05-16-2005, 01:01 PM   #9
Senior Frog
Dungeon Master

Have fun in the tower. =) That was probably my favorite part of the sword coast. I love a good challenge.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:56 PM   #10
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

It is very challenging... and fun.

If you don't get killed first!
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote