Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2002, 09:04 AM   #1
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

This is a new one on me.
I am trying to get INTO the stout mine, but when I hand in my writ I'm told "I'm letting you out now" then the game loads twice & the OUTSIDE doors close then open.
I haven't got the dragon armour yet so I need to get into the mine. Any ideas?
Old 09-12-2002, 10:07 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Ahhh.... the old problem resurfaces.

Okay, here's what you do.

First off, consider the area where you give the writ to be like an elevator with two doors. You come in through one open set of doors, and when you give him the writ, that set closes, the elevator moves, and the other set opens.

Now, for reasons unknown that are perhaps related to Boogre Brew consumption, ol' Signore likes to work the elevator controls. So he'll sometimes send you up and down, up and down, until you get dizzy and make the elevator look like the Boogre Bar did before the recent cleanup. There's not much you can do to change Signore Pastoralini's mind when he decides to play this game.

What you can do, however, is run out of the elevator before he closes the doors for the next trip. So when he sends you down, move over near the northern doors, and as soon as they open, rush through. He can then play his elevator games, and you can merrily walk through the Stout Mines. When you're done and ready to leave, do the same thing with the other doors.

I have found this approach to work 100% of the time, although I do play the patched game. Of course, had they fixed this in the patch, methinks they would have fixed it correctly... Without this, you have to simply wait for him to stop playing his elevator game... something he doesn't get tired of easily.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 10:19 AM   #3
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thanks Bungleau,
That did the trick. I'm in & can only hope that he lets me out again.
If I hadn't got in I may have been able to enchant my current armour to 100% resist fire. Do you think I could have got past the fire beast like that? I have my doubts, I think that the dragon armour might be a necessity.
kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 12:01 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You're welcome, Kev. That has confounded many people upon many occasions.

The dragon armor is a necessity. If you don't have it in your inventory, you can't go down the hallway (at least in the patched game). If it's in your inventory, you can get past, although you might get toasted if it's not on.
-+-+-+
Old 09-12-2002, 08:25 PM   #5
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hey Kev...In your thread on the Wolfbeast...you mentioned;
Quote:
The only things I've lost are 8 writs that I left in the foyer of the stout mine,..
Is that the same room as 'Signore P' ???

Just curious....

BTW...don't forget to look for Shrew Christi...once you've finish up in the mines.
Old 09-13-2002, 02:50 AM   #6
chi master
Zhentarim Guard

Dont forget to look for what?
Old 09-13-2002, 04:34 AM   #7
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

In one of the other threads..Kev mentioned that he was having trouble finding...'Shrew Christi...(it's the 3rd quest at the Bushi Dojo, in Ishad N'ha-ha-ha)

He's easy to find...(if you know where to look)...But he's also, easy to forget...
Old 09-13-2002, 10:07 AM   #8
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

I've finished the stout mine now & have got the dragon armour. Then I went looking for shrew christi & the raptor, I found neither.
I made the mistake of collecting the assassins dagger then entering the rogues guild. He offered me the assassin role but when I declined he said I wouldn't be asked again. I quit then & I wonder how far back my saved game was.
What was Wyverns 1st rule? save often?
kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 01:41 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Yep, the old rule is "Save Early, Save Often". That mystical mantra has been the source of relief for many people throughout the world. And their bane when they forget...

I suspect there is a way to hack you back to "first-time dagger" status, so that you can get asked the question again, but I'm not sure what it is. Perhaps someone else can offer some thoughts.

The raptor you can find on the other side of Ishad N'ha, heading towards Valeia. There's a clearing on the west side of the river that leads to a couple of paths -- that's where it is.

As for the Shrew, he's always been in the far north of Ishad N'ha, just a little west of the Boogres.
-+-+-+
Old 09-13-2002, 06:22 PM   #10
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Save early ..save often...But don't be like Packrat..or you'll end up with over 800MB of save files...LOL and ROFL

The one way to find out if the Dagger is hackable...is to compare the code for the one you have, with the code for one thats hacked....If they're different...it's do-able...If not...

IMHO...there were Raptors in the midlands...at one time....but the mantraps killed them off.....The Raptors kept trying to eat their sprouts....So
They...DID...Hunt ...them...Down!!!!

As for Shrew.....As Bungleau said he's west of the Booger caves...there's another clearing, on the west side of the lake....south of the Booger caves.