Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2003, 07:16 PM   #11
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Seriously though... This guy's great [img]tongue.gif[/img] and to think he's running for Senator! he's got my vote ^_^
Old 01-24-2003, 07:17 PM   #12
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I havn't read the book, so I can't comment. But in terms of treason itself, well, I prefer honesty over loyalty any day.
Old 01-24-2003, 07:23 PM   #13
Aragorn The Wise
Manshoon

after reading that guy's views I am almost puked... I feel people like him should get the death penalty.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:56 PM   #14
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Aragorn The Wise:
after reading that guy's views I am almost puked... I feel people like him should get the death penalty.
Don't take it too seriously, Aragorn. That site has been discussed on here before, and the general consensus was that it was a "spoof" site. The views expressed by this guy are so over-the-top, they are laughable.

I do know certain religious groups that adhere to some of the views expressed there....but you won't find ANY sect of organized religion that embraces ALL of them.

It is most likely this person's way of "striking back" at all the Fundamentalist Christian morality views that he disagrees with.
Old 01-25-2003, 12:45 AM   #15
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
It seems the new far right mantra is that dissent now equals treason. Came accross this on Amazon today, seems the pin-up girl of the far right (Ann Coulter) new book is on this very subject:
Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism.

It's a wonderful time to be an american!
Struck a nerve, huh? :evilgrin:
That's okay, I see it all the time on the other boards I frequent. Someone starts an Ann Coulter thread and the leftists rant and foam at the mouth. A truly entertaining spectacle. [img]graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2003, 07:53 AM   #16
Eisenschwarz

Quote:
Originally posted by HolyWarrior:
Struck a nerve, huh? :evilgrin:
That's okay, I see it all the time on the other boards I frequent. Someone starts an Ann Coulter thread and the leftists rant and foam at the mouth. A truly entertaining spectacle. [img]graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [/QB]
Hmm, if you like I could start a Noam chomsky Thread and we could all watch the Reactionaries froth and foam and attempt to dismiss without debate(TM),
And laugh at them,
or maybe I have a little more respect for people and their veiws than that eh?

Old 01-25-2003, 12:01 PM   #17
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Eisenschwarz:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Umm Have you actually reviewed the book, or read even a part of it Rokenn? Coulter is definately far right...even farther than me, BUT there has been treason in this country on many occasions since the beginning of the cold war. To point it out is hardly hate speach...which by the way is a bullshit term in and of itself, along with "hate crimes"

By the way [img]smile.gif[/img] I disagree with her on many points.
And American has encouraged Treason in other countries.
For example with Spying, It’s pure hypocrisy for any government to accuse someone of treason when they know full well that their security services encourage it in the citizens of other governments.

Treason? just say NO! to old men who offer you packets of it.
[/QUOTE] And exactly what has that got to do with anything discussed here at all? THis is a thread about a book on american traitors. Open another thread about traitors in other countries.

Old 01-25-2003, 12:05 PM   #18
MagiK

I have my differences with Ms. COulter, however I have noted that every time a liberal tries to debate her, she cuts them to ribbons. If the left could just get an effective debater to go head to head with her it wouldn't be such a big deal. But just as the left cannot find a leberal equivelent to Rush Limbaugh, they seem to be completely unable to get a decent debator to gohead to head with Ms. COulter.

Old 01-26-2003, 03:03 AM   #19
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

Yo, Eisenschwarz, go ahead and start a Noam Chomsky thread. What has he written recently? :zzz:
Old 01-26-2003, 03:22 AM   #20
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eisenschwarz:
quote:
Umm Have you actually reviewed the book, or read even a part of it Rokenn? Coulter is definately far right...even farther than me, BUT there has been treason in this country on many occasions since the beginning of the cold war. To point it out is hardly hate speach...which by the way is a bullshit term in and of itself, along with "hate crimes"

By the way [img]smile.gif[/img] I disagree with her on many points.
And American has encouraged Treason in other countries.
For example with Spying, It’s pure hypocrisy for any government to accuse someone of treason when they know full well that their security services encourage it in the citizens of other governments.

Treason? just say NO! to old men who offer you packets of it.
[/QUOTE] And exactly what has that got to do with anything discussed here at all? THis is a thread about a book on american traitors. Open another thread about traitors in other countries.
[/QUOTE]So you do not deny that American govt. (notice i do not state left or right side of that govt.) hath engaged and encouraged Treason in the past? but you conveniently leave out any finger pointing.. (as if it is liberal whining (subject of that book that this thread is about) that is treason..is the only treason.. and the right wing treason.. well that belongs in another thread.. as long as we are talking about traitors lets talk about Iran Contras.. im interested in it.. and we are on the subject of treason after all.. no this thread about Traitors it the perfect thread to talk about treasonus people.. why arent some of those Iran Contras perpotrators behind bars?

..The bombing of Laos without the consent of the American people.. not an action performed by liberals if i can say so!.. no i havent read the book but if ann coulter thinks that socialization (the left) is treason.. and shadow govt. is not.. and i have not read the book i freely admit this.. but does she mention iran contras in her book about the benedict arnolds of America?) A problem is that this topic or treason is not in line with the context of this thread?

Well that Iran Contras is some serious treason imo. If Shadow Government is not treason or point just before the overthrowing govt. then i do not know what Shadow Govenment means... Tell me.. what does it mean when a group brokers deal with a member of the axis of evil without the presidents knowledge? Is that kind of like what John Walker did?

[ 01-26-2003, 03:44 AM: Message edited by: Djinn Raffo ]