Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2002, 08:44 AM   #41
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
I think flirting can be good and bad. Its good if you are friends etc. and you sort of get to know each other better and its bad if the person your flirting with is going out with someone.
what about if you're going out with someone. Why is it bad if the other person is taken? Because you might be tempting the other person? or because u might get into trouble?
Old 05-27-2002, 08:46 AM   #42
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:

I know there are times when I've joked and smiled a lot while talking to a male colleague, but this was usually done in full view of everyone so I think it's "safe" in a sense. I mean, if I were serious about having a relationship with him, the last thing I'd want would be to publicise it and subject it to scrutiny.
Wouldn't the guys just assume that you want everyone to know u like him and that he's "your property" ?
Old 05-27-2002, 08:56 AM   #43
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha:

Over the years I have got into quite some trouble with people getting the wrong idea, so I have formed a bit of a habit along the way. Whenever I meet someone, I try to throw into the conversation that I am married as early as possible. This has helped a lot, as the guys realize where I'm coming from very early on, and that I'm not in fact cracking on to them!

Aviendha.
ahh.. but so many are not married, what would they do? [img]graemlins/confused2.gif[/img]

Charean I think you may be right. At this age most seem to be hopeful and brash more than anything else.

Sir_Tainly! control yourself young man! [img]graemlins/whip.gif[/img]

~LOL @ Wolfgir~

Old 05-27-2002, 09:02 AM   #44
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Hey sweetie, like I said, I don't mind if you flirt at all. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll get intensly jealous ofcourse [img]graemlins/agree.gif[/img] but that's expected because i love you so much. [img]graemlins/1luvu.gif[/img]
Flirting is all relative. I mean if u do more than most girls the guy has experienced do then experience tells him you are flirting. I trust you darling so have fun!
Darling! ~poutz~ [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/lovestory.gif[/img] I don't see why u are! [img]graemlins/docheart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/someoddthing.gif[/img]

Have fun?! I've got exams and the head just rang to get me into school to tell me off for looking at IW in school. On the other hand... are you coming down now then?
Old 05-27-2002, 09:04 AM   #45
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Well this topic started out as what did we think constituted flirting.

There are a couple girls at the local grocery story who have a habit of squeesing their breasts together emphasizing their cleavage and smiling alot more than they do at the other customers whenever I get in line. Batting the eyelashes. Asking what im doing tonight. Thats definitely flirting. [img]smile.gif[/img] Flattering but they are more than just a little too young for me even if I werent married. :
Old 05-27-2002, 09:04 AM   #46
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by ʆë®Ñï†Ý:
Wouldn't the guys just assume that you want everyone to know u like him and that he's "your property" ?
Hmmm... you know, you may just be right, too After all, every person is entitled to his or her opinion [img]smile.gif[/img] In my case, everyone has already been gossiping about the male colleague going out with another female colleague, so once or twice I have caught others staring at me (in that "why are you talking to him?" or "don't you know he's taken?" way) while I talked to the guy. To which, I inwardly thought, let the rumour mongers be [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what others think. As long as you've a clear conscience and engage in wholesome fun, who are others to judge?
Old 05-27-2002, 09:07 AM   #47
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
LOL, Mistral, is Larry flirting with Eternity, now? I think so.
Cloudy, I have had the (mis)fortune of being present at several of those men-bashing conversations, and when I protested that I didn't do any of "those things" (the one about asking directions particularly irritates me - I always stop and ask for directions), only to be patted and told, "not you, sweetie," or words to that effect. But, Lord knows, they do exist, Galadria's ex being a notable example, I am told.
Attalus you're just being paranoid now Larry just happens to be an articulate guy [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] my dad's another of those machos I'm sure most of my dad's generation in China are. They're brought up with the whole man=macho male idea, i.e. woman should cook clean and do washing etc for them.
Old 05-27-2002, 09:11 AM   #48
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

[quote]Originally posted by ʆë®Ñï†Ý:
Quote:
what about if you're going out with someone. Why is it bad if the other person is taken? Because you might be tempting the other person? or because u might get into trouble?
Because men dont like a piece of steak that they cant have waved in front of them
Old 05-27-2002, 09:45 AM   #49
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
LOL, Mistral, is Larry flirting with Eternity, now? I think so.
It's ok, Attalus I caught him with Spree sometime ago [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Never mind, that just gives me more reason to have warm up my other relationship over at Hazardous Times [img]graemlins/evilhaha.gif[/img]

[ 05-27-2002, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
Old 05-27-2002, 10:08 AM   #50
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I was reading all the recent posts and want to congratulate everyone for an informative and amusing thread, you, especially, Eternity, for starting it. (that's not flirting ) Lol, wasn't it just a few days ago that uss was complaining how there's no fun in GD any more?