Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2002, 04:48 PM   #21
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:

OMG, that happened??????? On behalf of the entire male sex and vanishing race of gentlemen, I'd like to apologise. There is absolutely no excuse for that kind of crap.
LOL, if that's the case, I've got a few tales to tell myself. Perhaps you could apologise to me as well on behalf of those gentlemen?
Old 05-26-2002, 04:54 PM   #22
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Melusine, if anything remotely like that happened to you, I shall abjectly apologise to you, on behalf of the misbegotten members of my sex. I cannot understand why some men act like that. I like pretty women as well or better tnan the next guy, but the idea of accosting an innocent girl or woman and assuming that they were a prostitute has never occured to me. I think that this must have been a case of somethiung approaching exhibitionism.
Old 05-26-2002, 05:08 PM   #23
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
I don't think are very wise to do unless you're interested in that person.
Quote:
In any case, whether you consider someone to be flirting or not, if a woman - or a guy!- gives a clear 'no', there is NOTHING that allows them to try anything. No is no, no matter what signals they thought you were giving before that.
I absolutely agree with both of these statements Melusine. I would not go to the stage of touching and blatent innuendo unless I was up for some hanky panky.

And No means No, regardless. Anyone has the right to change their mind.
Old 05-26-2002, 05:14 PM   #24
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Melusine, if anything remotely like that happened to you, I shall abjectly apologise to you, on behalf of the misbegotten members of my sex. I cannot understand why some men act like that. I like pretty women as well or better tnan the next guy, but the idea of accosting an innocent girl or woman and assuming that they were a prostitute has never occured to me. I think that this must have been a case of somethiung approaching exhibitionism.
LOL, I was kidding, Attalus. Just as I have had enough proof that such idiots exist, I also know there are a lot of decent men about, and I don't hold them responsible for the actions of their mentally less gifted brethren [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2002, 05:23 PM   #25
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
LOL, I was kidding, Attalus. Just as I have had enough proof that such idiots exist, I also know there are a lot of decent men about, and I don't hold them responsible for the actions of their mentally less gifted brethren [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Whew, that's good. Somehow the idiots do stand out, though, don't they? The old metaphor of one rotten apple to spoil the barrel?
Old 05-26-2002, 05:34 PM   #26
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I think flirting can be good and bad. Its good if you are friends etc. and you sort of get to know each other better and its bad if the person your flirting with is going out with someone.
Old 05-26-2002, 06:57 PM   #27
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I think a girl flirts when she stares into your eyes and doesn't stop in a creepy sort of way @_@...

It's like

O_o ...

@_@

...O-o

@_@

... ?0.o

@_@

... ^_^; errm hi?

@_@ h- ... i...

^ . ^ oooh kayeee,..
Old 05-26-2002, 07:00 PM   #28
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ROFL! That was a very funny post!
I had to say that, and pay you proper credit!
I haven't seen one that was as good, with as few words in ...well...ever, I guess!
Old 05-26-2002, 07:03 PM   #29
Epona
Zartan

LOL /)eathkiller!
You should stop attending the 'meet the inmates' parties they hold at the insane asylum, that is just creepy!
Old 05-26-2002, 09:10 PM   #30
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hmm, if flirting could be as simple as smiling and being interested to get someone better, what's the difference between that and being/trying to be chummy with someone [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

I know there are times when I've joked and smiled a lot while talking to a male colleague, but this was usually done in full view of everyone so I think it's "safe" in a sense. I mean, if I were serious about having a relationship with him, the last thing I'd want would be to publicise it and subject it to scrutiny.