Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2002, 12:31 PM   #1
fable
Quintesson

He's there, he's potentially dangerous, he's clever, and Dubyah sees him as a great war card to play before the November elections in the US. What should be done by the rest of the world to Hussain, if anything?
Old 03-07-2002, 12:43 PM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Heh, with all the fuss about Bin Laden going on, I nearly forgot about Hussein.

I don't know. If he is really a threat (I'm not informed enough to be the judge of that myself, so I'll keep my head low here), then something must be done about him. But can anything be done if he doesn't actively provoke something?
Old 03-07-2002, 12:46 PM   #3
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Build up the opposition party, then take him out and install a new DEMOCRATICALLY elected Government (under UN management), after all the brewhaha settles down. (can't believe I said under UN management! Bunch of imbeciles there!) Hopefully, you could capture him and try him for crimes against humanity for what all he did to the Shites, Kurds, Kuwaitis and Iranians that fell into his clutches at one time or another. If not, well a 10 cent bullet would surffice.
Old 03-07-2002, 12:51 PM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Well, what can he do? He ain't stupid enough to launch whatever weapons(Nuclear or Bio) he managed to keep hidden from the US on the west and he hardly has the money to activly sponsor terrorist organisations. So if Bush decides to attack him, I hope he has a good reason rather then re-elections.
Old 03-07-2002, 01:04 PM   #5
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by fable:
He's there, he's potentially dangerous, he's clever, and Dubyah sees him as a great war card to play before the November elections in the US. What should be done by the rest of the world to Hussain, if anything?

What would you do? Try to cut a deal with him? Maybe give him a hug and say we understand? And don't go throwing election tactics complaints around..Tom Daschell has the worst of the lot there. The plans to hit Saddam were on the board more than a year ago. It isnt a new plan.

Old 03-07-2002, 01:07 PM   #6
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Well, what can he do? He ain't stupid enough to launch whatever weapons(Nuclear or Bio) he managed to keep hidden from the US on the west and he hardly has the money to activly sponsor terrorist organisations. So if Bush decides to attack him, I hope he has a good reason rather then re-elections.

Simple, he recruits two fanatics who want to die for Allah, gives each of them a suitcase full of biological agents then has them travel thru europe then to america releasing deadly viri whereever he wants to do harm. Or he recruits someone to smuggle a tactical nuke into Isreal touching off a major catastrophe....what can he do??? quite a lot actually. And it would all be very hard to pin on him. That man is a very scarey man...and anyone who knows what they are talking about, knows this too.

Old 03-07-2002, 01:15 PM   #7
fable
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
What would you do? Try to cut a deal with him? Maybe give him a hug and say we understand? And don't go throwing election tactics complaints around..Tom Daschell has the worst of the lot there. The plans to hit Saddam were on the board more than a year ago. It isnt a new plan.

Magik, you seem to have a predilection for telling me what I'm thinking. In fact, I've favored taking him out since day one, and said so when Dubyah's daddy made the mistake of letting him stay in power--the sooner Hussain's gone, the better. I'd appreciate your not trying to judge my reactions in advance, based upon stereotypes.

But I do think Dubyah's timing it for the elections, the proof of which is that he could very well have avoided even discussing it until after November, if he were truly serious and comprehended the political ramifications of such an action.

As for plans to hit Hussain, don't you remember when the issue of who was responsible for the horrible September bombings came up, and Hussain's name was mentioned? The State Department said there as no reason to believe he was involved. End of story. Only now, with a need to keep the President's approval ratings high, is the idea of an invasion being floated. Such is my take, at least; and I wouldn't be so cynical--or shall we say, realistic--about this administration, if it hadn't given what IMO is ample demonstration of its willingness to dovetail all politicies to winning the next election.

[ 03-07-2002: Message edited by: fable ]

Old 03-07-2002, 02:51 PM   #8
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Sorry to inject a level of reality into this otherwise quite nice discussion but good ole Hussein hasn't actually got any weapons. Pretty much every weapons inspector has said so since day one. He definately does not have the capacity to produce or fire any weapons of mass desctruction and 95% of all other weapons are accounted for. This doesn't even mean that he has the other 5% hidden, just that we haven't found them yet. It is a big country in pretty much complete chaos after 10 years of bombing. I am surprised we have found even that many normal weapons.

What should be done? We should stop the sanctions, stop the bombing and let the Iraqis decide what they want to do. If we keep playing god like this then of course we are going to get ourselves hated and attacked. Continuing action against him when we simply don't need to is frankly madness. That is my opinion and it is not born out of gainsay anti-americanism as Britain has been involved in this since day one as well.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 03-07-2002, 03:32 PM   #9
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
Sorry to inject a level of reality into this otherwise quite nice discussion but good ole Hussein hasn't actually got any weapons. Pretty much every weapons inspector has said so since day one. He definately does not have the capacity to produce or fire any weapons of mass desctruction and 95% of all other weapons are accounted for. This doesn't even mean that he has the other 5% hidden, just that we haven't found them yet. It is a big country in pretty much complete chaos after 10 years of bombing. I am surprised we have found even that many normal weapons.

What should be done? We should stop the sanctions, stop the bombing and let the Iraqis decide what they want to do. If we keep playing god like this then of course we are going to get ourselves hated and attacked. Continuing action against him when we simply don't need to is frankly madness. That is my opinion and it is not born out of gainsay anti-americanism as Britain has been involved in this since day one as well.

Took the words right out of my mouth Barry! Very nice put
Old 03-07-2002, 03:57 PM   #10
Azred
Drow Priestess

Hussein is a non-entity in world politics anymore. The only reason to talk about him is for sound bytes in the news or to genereate public response. It is only a matter of time before one of his generals ousts him in a coup.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.