Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2001, 01:05 AM   #1
Moni

By whatever means, through whatever forms, inspirations abound in my life these days.
Rekindling my love for classical music through the chance viewing of an older (1994) movie "Immortal Beloved", seeing a large tree branch that fell to the ground, finding a baby goldfish in the pond, watching a sunset in a cloudy sky, Seven, the cat it took me over a year just to get to come into the house actually jumping up in and sitting in my lap, rolling over on her back, smiling, purring...these have all been inspiring moments that have passed through me these last two weeks, and which have left me longing to put my hands back to work in my own forms of art. Artistic desire has been restored, I can see my pieces finished and even though they will make no obvious sound, I can already hear them sing.
Did you ever literally feel your heart smile?

------------------

Old 08-11-2001, 02:35 AM   #2
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Glad to see that things are going so well for you, Moni. It is all too rare, when fortune flat-out smiles upon you, and all the little things in your life go so right, that freedom from the worries of day-to-day result in a terrific rush of inspiration.
I always enjoy when that happens, something similar made me realize I could do without the office for the rest of the summer while i have Amanda. I work anywhere from5-15hrs a day when I do not have her, and under 5 when I do. It works out really good, and I have even floated the missouri river on our raft several times since I drug up the office - much preferable to sitting at a desk!
good luck with the creative efforts, send some when u get some finished.

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To
Old 08-11-2001, 03:02 AM   #3
KHaN
Drow Warrior

I don't know about "smile" but I can see your heart "shine" all the way over here! (had to put on sunglasses). It's very warm...like when the sun shines down on your skin in the chilly morning hours. Comforting & welcomed.
Old 08-11-2001, 03:10 AM   #4
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Artistic desire is a beautiful thing.
Glad to see you have the ability to channel your passion Moni.
This is a beautiful thing.
Old 08-11-2001, 07:19 AM   #5
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Good for you Moni! Inspriration is sometimes difficult to come by. You'd be surprised how sooner you can finish art work with a little inspiraton. As for feeling my heart smile, there was this girl I liked, but that is a story for another day...

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 08-11-2001, 10:28 AM   #6
Conan

I think I understand Moni. My expressions come out in wooden form(making things from wood). I am trying my hand back in photograghy a little now to. I would like to talk to you more about this subject in the future k!

------------------
*\Conan/*

Old 08-11-2001, 11:30 AM   #7
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yes Moni... My heart indeed smiled just recently on how life is so good to me... and it did on our prom...

When I am happy and inspired, my soul expands, enkindling beauty and joy... the negating force is blocked, and I am set free with emotions bound but to happiness... No art work there...

But when I am sad as hell and it is the other way around, my work shows...

And you made my heart smile already Moni when describing those thoughts of yours BTW...

------------------

My love for her is beyond words... beyond time... you know this
Old 08-11-2001, 11:34 AM   #8
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
By whatever means, through whatever forms, inspirations abound in my life these days.
Rekindling my love for classical music through the chance viewing of an older (1994) movie "Immortal Beloved", seeing a large tree branch that fell to the ground, finding a baby goldfish in the pond, watching a sunset in a cloudy sky, Seven, the cat it took me over a year just to get to come into the house actually jumping up in and sitting in my lap, rolling over on her back, smiling, purring...these have all been inspiring moments that have passed through me these last two weeks, and which have left me longing to put my hands back to work in my own forms of art. Artistic desire has been restored, I can see my pieces finished and even though they will make no obvious sound, I can already hear them sing.
Did you ever literally feel your heart smile?

My day just got better just from reading this thread
Old 08-11-2001, 12:08 PM   #9
Moni

Wow
Thank you! Thank you all! I am glad I was able to find the words to express myself so well that I, in turn touched you in some way too!

Conan, feel free to talk to me about anything you want, I am sure there is plenty of talent here to be able to offer a variety of words of advice or inspiration for what you seek to accomplish. I am no studied photographer but it has been a hobby of mine since I was a kid. I will offer you whatever help I can.

Wood. I love wood. We saved the large branch that broke off of our tree out back and cut it into workable-sized pieces. I had some simpler ideas for it when it was cut but found a full set of brand new wood carving tools here last night and now my mind is reeling LOL. The piece I plan to work will be put into one of the gardens I made here.
I am hoping that we can make it into the city this weekend so that I can get some pieces of suede and leather in order to bring some of my ideas to life. Suede is my canvas of choice...where some stretch canvas around a frame and paint it with oils, I stretch and "hang" suede into round or rectangular frames and "paint" it with beads, embroidery thread and/or sequins.
I just got a set of acrylics recently too but am saving them for a sculptured squirrel that I found at a dollar store not long ago.
As it is though, I have to spend time today chipping the edges off of a couple of mortar borders so that I can set them into their starting places without interruption in the pattern along the edge of the sidewalk. What fun lol...maybe I'll chip some little smiley faces into them before I set them into the ground.

Thank you all, you really made my heart swell with joy this morning.
*Hugs*
Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 08-11-2001).]