Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2001, 10:20 AM   #11
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
Aww come on!! Diablo II is an RPG... well, the only thing is... you don't think and you just kill everyone in the end...

Okay okay, so you roleplay a mindless butcher. Fine.
...But perhaps I shouldn't give my opinions on Diablo 2. Let's just say I don't like it...

------------------
Home of the Darkest Day
Online roleplaying at The Elysium Gaming Project
Old 07-26-2001, 10:27 AM   #12
Lord Shield

Not a problem. If you don't like the game, don't visit the forum. The idea is to find out how many people WANT the forum. I would be quite happy to see one myself

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 07-26-2001, 10:30 AM   #13
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

From Dreamer128:
Quote:
Diablo2 doesnt fit in here. This forum is more about pure rpgs as bg and wizardry8.
And if you really want to talk about it there are plenty of good forums around.

From Grojlach:
Quote:
I'm with Dreamer128 on this one... And Glycerine, like you already mentioned, Diablo 2 attracks more immature posters than the forums we already have at Ironworks. Do we really need those?
And calling Diablo 2 an rpg is almost an insult to some of the posters here...
Put my name on the "against D2" list.

First off: Whether Diablo 2 is or isn't an RPG is a matter of debate, not fact. The fact that we have forums here for Darkstone and Wizards & Warriors should indicate that not every game IW caters to is an AD&D Infinity Engine game. So drop the elitist cr*p, please!

Secondly, the maturity of the posters has far less to do with the games than it does with the degree of moderation and self-policing that goes on here. Forums are only as good as the posters and mods allow them to be. There are plenty of BG/BG2 forums out there as well that are riddled with immature posters and flamers. Not a tenable argument, guys.

Thirdly: Our own webmaster, Ziroc, plays Diablo 2. Not really a point, but careful with the comments, there!

(and, no, I'm not a D2 player...but in the interest of fairness I felt I needed to speak up on this issue. If Ziroc feels a forum is warranted for Diablo 2, then I imagine he'd be ok with creating one.)

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 07-26-2001).]
Old 07-26-2001, 10:42 AM   #14
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Another point made by Saz... if I were thinking right I would.. why I am I messed up, look at my new post.

------------------

My love for her is beyond words... beyond time... you know this
Old 07-26-2001, 11:15 AM   #15
Grojlach
Zartan

Okay, have it your way, Sazerac; it's not my board. I was only trying to say a Diablo 2 forum will also attract a different kind of posters, the kind that doesn't care about rpg's at all. It could be good, people who only came to this board for Diablo 2 will become curious about D&D and the other, more intelligent games on this board; but it could also be bad, because die hard Diablo 2 players could be colliding with non-Diablo players. If you've ever been on BGDungeon, you'll understand what I mean.
Diablo 2 is a completely other kind of game, perhaps an RPG, perhaps not, but for a large part, it has a different audience than the other games on this board. Sorry I called that audience "immature", Sazerac, but it's different than the average BG-player; I was more referring to the kind of people who never played a game like BG or never even heard of AD&D. No offense to any of you guys posting in here.
A more extreme example: there are people around here who play completely different kind of games, like First Person Shooters, Sport simulation games, and really enjoy that. But does that mean they should be requesting for a forum for their favourite game as well?
Ah well, it's indeed up to Ziroc whether he wants one or not. The fact that he plays the game himself is not really a point by the way, I mean, almost everyone around here, including Ziroc I guess, played Tetris in his life, but that's no reason to establish a forum for that game...
Old 07-27-2001, 06:26 PM   #16
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

It might be interesting to comment our different characters/abilities, though i dont think its really needed... i mean, has ANYONE EVER got stuck in that game ?? Dunno, i´ll go with whatever Ziroc decides

------------------
"I wish my Angel was here... I fear nothing with her" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Old 08-10-2001, 09:45 AM   #17
Grojlach
Zartan

And? Has he made a decision yet?
Old 08-10-2001, 10:01 AM   #18
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well Ziroc has done so much already with this Forum, LOL I imagine he needs to take a well deserved breather first before thinking of what types of additions he wants to make for us. But I DO also play Diablo 2 as well, and would enjoy seeing a section about it, although, as Ertai says, not really a difficult game to figure out strategy-wise.

------------------
Old 08-10-2001, 10:06 AM   #19
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I don't think that Diablo 2 deserves the description RPG, it's more of a hack 'n' slash game, it's only relation with RPGs is that it has stats and classes, my opinion is that, no, we should not have a D2 forum here.
Old 08-10-2001, 10:27 AM   #20
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hmm, well in my glue infested state of mind I say this.
I like D2, alot.. But well a forum for it? I mean I don´t have much to say and it is not the same trouble solving as in BG and Bg2 IWD.. But well if you do I will visit and see if I can learn something ffrom it. I.E I´m truely neutral in this matter. If, then fine if not, I wont loose any sleep over it!

As to wether it is RPG or not.. I would rather use the term CRPG for all games and Diablo has a few notion and hints to a CRPG IMHO but it is not a true CRPG, but still a real cool game! Hehe!

What is a RPG and what makes it so? Ask a hundred people and you get about a hundred answers. Ask people what black and white looks like.. hehe!

OUII this glue is da stuff hehe! *Ok, I´m not addicted, sitting here glueing a lot of dummies..*

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper