Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2001, 10:35 PM   #1
Aurican
Elminster

I'm looking to make some killer armor for BG2/ToB. What it will be comprised of is dragon scales. My question is as stated above; what is the most powerful dragon/dragon-type. I would like their abilities, immunities and stats if at all possible. Many suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?

http://angelfire.com/rpg/aurican
Old 07-20-2001, 02:48 AM   #2
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I would be inclined to think Gold Dragons, but I'm no PnPer

------------------
Why?
Old 07-20-2001, 03:43 AM   #3
Lord Shield

Gold are the most powerful mortal dragons. I don't think Bahamaut and Tiamat will lend you their scales somehow, though

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 07-20-2001, 06:35 AM   #4
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well Platinum dragons would probably be it.. Or some of the godly dragons but problem to get their hide though..

Gold is the biggest normal ones, problem is that Dragons of good nature would not like you if you wore a gold dragon scalemail though..

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 07-20-2001, 10:29 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I would have thought a Drago-lich would be the best.

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Currently engaged in the Throne of Bhaal expansion set
Old 07-20-2001, 10:34 AM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I should imagine that the wearing of Gold Dragon Scale armor would be considered as evil an act as the wearing of the human skin tunic from BG2. Those creatures are LG.

If you're looking to do this for an evil character, of course, no problem!

Old 07-20-2001, 10:47 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Maybe you could say that this particular suit of armor came from two of Tiamat's scales, taken from her battle with the god-tyrant Gilgeam of Unther (a nation in Faerun's south, near Mulhorand). Tiamat killed Gilgeam during the Time of Troubles. Be creative with the history!

Tiamat, the Chromatic Dragon, is the ruler of the first plane of the Nine Hells, by the way.

------------------
Old 07-20-2001, 11:01 AM   #8
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
I should imagine that the wearing of Gold Dragon Scale armor would be considered as evil an act as the wearing of the human skin tunic from BG2. Those creatures are LG.

If you're looking to do this for an evil character, of course, no problem!

Uless you think of a good story that is particular to your character....in TOB (and no I haven't got it yet so don't spoil me ) you'll be a munchkin anyway so maybe you can think of a story were your PC was friends with a gold Dragon and rode on it in battles, but the animal got killed, and in remembrance of him you took a few of his scales and forged an armour of it....just an idea...

Oh and Larry ROFL!! Dracoliches have no scales

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 07-20-2001, 01:31 PM   #9
Aurican
Elminster

Well this is what I came up with. This might have some slight spoilers.
Since your are a Bhaalspawn and planar hopping gets frequent, a certain battle is witnesses by yours truely. While shifting to my pocket plane, the planar tunnel my party and I were using was disrupted and we were tossed back into truespace. Unfortunatly, we emerged in a battle between the great immortal dragons Bahamat and Tiamet. The extreme magical unheavel made my tunnel fall apart. Thanks fully we were scattered and only myself was injured. My party appeared some distance away while I came into the fray under the two titanic dragons. The fall out from their breath weapons alone was lethal. Some how I managed to drag myself to relative safety under some fallen scales. They were huge. That was when I got my idea. If these two were so powerful, I could harness some of their strength with their scales. I gathered up as many of the shining platinum and multi-hued dragon scales I could and ran. I ran harder and faster than I ever had before, (and that's counting with my boots of speed). It took much time and effort but I was rewarded with this:

Godly Dragon Scale Armour

Equipped Abilities:
Can Cast True Sight at will
Non-Detection
Immunities to Fear, Confusion, Level Drain
AC: -2
Weight: 25
Requires: 12 Strength

I thought since the story line gets so wacky in ToB, it wouldn't be overkill. What do you guys think?

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?

http://angelfire.com/rpg/aurican
Old 07-20-2001, 02:38 PM   #10
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Hey I like the story line so far! To answer the question no I don't think it would be overkill. If I had a single peice of armor that could protect me from my three most hated status effects i'd buy it, no matter what. Don't you think the AC would be a little bit lower. C'mon you got the scales from the mighty Bahamut and Tiamat for goodness sakes!

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.