Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2001, 05:29 PM   #241
Grunt Master
Elite Waterdeep Guard

To 250 only:

I'd prefer to email this to you, but....

And if you're not 250, then I guess I can't prevent you from reading this, 'cause it's an open forum....

I just got back from my lunch break and realized I'm all anxious and worked up. I started wondering why and I realized it's because I was arguing with you. Well, I'm sorry I did that.

The tone of some of my comments was as if I was saying, "250 is a moron and just doesn't get it." Well, I don't think you're a moron, so I'm sorry for posting in a belligerent manner.

We both have points we're trying to make and I got so caught up in my own point that I didn't realize I was being hostile. The degree to which I am/you are right/wrong doesn't really matter to me anymore because the way I was going about it was wrong.

Well, for this reason I'm not going to post on this topic anymore, but I hope to see you around in this forum. Maybe we can talk about things we agree on....

------------------
Let me see..."Oprah!"
Old 04-10-2001, 05:30 PM   #242
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Thank you Yorick! Like always you are very eloquent and understanding in your words! I guess I just get sick of discussing it with imbeciles (brother-in-law is a devout catholic but has the brain capacity of a turnip ) I do not claim to know the bible inside and out and I do not claim to know christianity inside and out. I try to be diverse in my thoughts and beliefs and do feel humbled when I make a mistake in an argument. I appreciate your pointing out my 'mistaken ideas' nicely rather than bashing me as an uneducated twit
Moridin, I feel kinship with you. A fellow sojourner, raconteur and one who has recently gone through a hell I went through. I would never seek to bash you as an uneducated twit.

I'm sorry your brother in law is a devou...I mean has the brain of a turnip.

Seriously there are millions upon millions of Christians who are not Catholic Moridin, and while I welcome them as brothers, my interpretation of Jesus words is veeeery different from theirs. (Purgatory? Where's that in the bible? )

It all gets back to going straight to the source rather than listening to an imperfect messenger, and not throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

------------------
O.K..... what do I do now? Goo goo goo choo?

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 04-10-2001, 05:39 PM   #243
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Grunt Master:
To 250 only:

And if you're not 250, then I guess I can't prevent you from reading this, 'cause it's an open forum....

I just got back from my lunch break and realized I'm all anxious and worked up. I started wondering why and I realized it's because I was arguing with you. Well, I'm sorry I did that.

The tone of some of my comments was as if I was saying, "250 is a moron and just doesn't get it." Well, I don't think you're a moron, so I'm sorry for posting in a belligerent manner.

We both have points we're trying to make and I got so caught up in my own point that I didn't realize I was being hostile. The degree to which I am/you are right/wrong doesn't really matter to me anymore because the way I was going about it was wrong.

Well, for this reason I'm not going to post on this topic anymore, but I hope to see you around in this forum. Maybe we can talk about things we agree on....

it is ok, you are not the first one. (moron, I meant... being considered by me )
just kidding, no problem. as Yorick said, everyone is entitled to his own opinion. though I certainly disagree with him, he doesnt care to argue with me because he thinks *that* is my opinion. lol
get some rest. i am leaving for dinner soon, so i might be gone for a few hours.
Old 04-10-2001, 05:49 PM   #244
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
I had a thinking about a person like you wiht such philosophy.
I consider myself, but in a more immature way. and you are probally good, in a mature way. but anyway, China is nto a place where people place "trust" in eachother, though I only know the surface of how corrupt a society can be. I do know that China is not a welcoming place for "good"
that is like saying, you are this pair of shoes. will christian's teaching help you go through that kind life should you ever live in that kind society? or would you "blend" into soceity and to survive the cruel struggle? I wonder which would win? the shoes? or the dirt?

What I do know is this. There have been various stages in history where Christians have been persecuted and killed for their beliefs. One of the reasons Christianity spread like wildfire through Ancient Rome was that, though Christians were thrown to lions, tortured and killed, even lit up as burning torches for the Emperor Nero's gardens - they were filled with joy and their numbers grew. Persecution it seems only served to strengthen a Christian and the Christian community. I spoke with a native from Romania when I was an adolescant. He spoke of 'underground' churches in communist Russia, Germany, Romania and China. Not the lame duck 'official' churches, but ones filled with believers who would gather in secret for hours, gaining strength from each other, and from joint prayer. I have no idea whether I would maintain pragmatism and keep my ideology secret (like a fellow called Nicodemus whom Jesus spoke with in the bible) or whether at some point a line would be crossed and I'd die for what I believe. (Like almost all the Apostles) Hopefully I'll never have to find out, but I do know that there have been plenty of unscuffed shoes, and in your homeland, plenty of 'new' shoes disguised as dirty ones if the accounts are to be believed.

The shoes would give me the strength to walk through the dirt, and to wash it away each day, keeping my feet from stones, disease and the like.

Does this answer your question 250?

------------------

Old 04-10-2001, 05:53 PM   #245
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I have to go, but i still briefly read it. I will come back for more.
so far, the answer is good!
Old 04-10-2001, 05:56 PM   #246
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Grunt Master:
To 250 only:

Hey man you're cool. Most of us have had disagreements with each other before.
Hope your afternoon looks up

------------------

Old 04-10-2001, 07:55 PM   #247
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

man... those ppl are getting on my nerves!!! they formated my hard drive again!!! insolence!!!
Old 04-10-2001, 08:04 PM   #248
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
man... those ppl are getting on my nerves!!! they formated my hard drive again!!! insolence!!!
Why would they keep on formatting your HD?

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-10-2001, 08:30 PM   #249
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
Why would they keep on formatting your HD?

well, it is not exactly *mine*
but it is their dont mean they can keep formating them!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2001, 08:31 PM   #250
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

So I guess they just like to format your school account then? Can't you ask the administrator?

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!