Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2004, 02:42 PM   #1
Amaze me SxE
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was wondering if any of you guys could tell me of some really good side quests in the game. Ones where you could get alot of XP and some good items. Thanks.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:01 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

The Twisted Rune quest.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 03:12 PM   #3
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
That's evil, Xen.

I'm guessing you're early in the game, AMS, and without knowing party members and levels, I can only suggest that you do the Copper Coronet quest. Not the quests people there give you yet, but explore the building itself. After that, head over to the Docks and talk with Renal Bloodscalp. After that, you should be ready to help the young lady from the Copper Coronet who would have approached you. After that you should be ready to explore on your own.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 03:18 PM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

And what is so evil about the Twisted Rune? Most people have not even heard for it. So? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2004, 03:20 PM   #5
Feral
Elminster

Xen - would you suggest SxE do the Twisted Rune before or after Kangaxx?
Old 06-03-2004, 03:22 PM   #6
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
That's evil, Xen.

I'm guessing you're early in the game, AMS, and without knowing party members and levels, I can only suggest that you do the Copper Coronet quest. Not the quests people there give you yet, but explore the building itself. After that, head over to the Docks and talk with Renal Bloodscalp. After that, you should be ready to help the young lady from the Copper Coronet who would have approached you. After that you should be ready to explore on your own.
That sounds like a pretty good plan to me. That first sidequest is fairly challenging, but doesn't get really difficult until the very end. In the meantime, you find LOTS of nice items, including one of the "marquee items" of the game.

One alternative I would suggest is perhaps going to the area of Trademeet first instead of the quest listed above. You still get some good XP and find some nice items and scrolls, but the enemies aren't quite as challenging there (to the best of my knowledge, anyway). That might be a good "warm up" to get you ready for the quest alluded to by Illumina
Old 06-03-2004, 03:25 PM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Feral:
Xen - would you suggest SxE do the Twisted Rune before or after Kangaxx?
It depends on his level. I usually do both in chapter 3 if I can.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:28 PM   #8
Amaze me SxE
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yeah i probably should explained a bit more, i'm level 9 fighter right now, in chapter 2, with Nalia, Minsc, Anomen, Jan, and Korgan on my team, and i've completed both Korgans and Nalias side quests, and did all the quest for Renal Bloodscalp and alot of the copper Coronet ones, so what are some more?
Old 06-03-2004, 03:28 PM   #9
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

[quote]Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
Quote:
[qb] That's evil, Xen.

One alternative I would suggest is perhaps going to the area of Trademeet first instead of the quest listed above. You still get some good XP and find some nice items and scrolls, but the enemies aren't quite as challenging there (to the best of my knowledge, anyway).
I beg to differ. Last time I played (on Insane,latest Tactics) one Shadow Druid did 112 damage to her. (Call lightning that is) Now if that`s not challenging what is?

[ 06-03-2004, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Old 06-03-2004, 04:38 PM   #10
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
Quote:
[qb] That's evil, Xen.

One alternative I would suggest is perhaps going to the area of Trademeet first instead of the quest listed above. You still get some good XP and find some nice items and scrolls, but the enemies aren't quite as challenging there (to the best of my knowledge, anyway).
I beg to differ. Last time I played (on Insane,latest Tactics) one Shadow Druid did 112 damage to her. (Call lightning that is) Now if that`s not challenging what is?
I play on Normal instead of Insane, and I've only gotten one character out of Chateau Irenicus with the latest Tactics Mod so far - so I'm not familiar with all the changes that have been made yet.